strategy against tree guards

Hei guys it´s my first life and i got confronted with the tree guards.

When I searched the forum i saw many posts from people who got slayn by these very strong enemys.

A few seconds ago I found out how to kill them easily, just attack them, when they try to hit you run away two steps.

Then run back and attack 2 times with your spear (if you have one). Repeat these steps and as Soon as your spear turns 75% the guard will be dead. If you face two of them you are dead but at least one is easy to kill. If this doesn´t work just try to plant a new try nerby, if you got luck he

won´t attack you anymore.

greetings Locoraptor!

sorry for poor english, im german ;)

Edited by Locoraptor

Another strategy for this is to eitehr plant pinecones until it goes back to being a tree and then light a campfire near it, or run off a distance, light a campfire and lure it across the fire when it's at max strength...I'm playing as Wendy, so my favorite method is to pinecone it into submission, then just stand near it at night and watch it burn several times until it drops dead.

Whoa you sure that kills them? If it wasn't for my meat effigy I would be dead and my gold weapons would be gone! I hit the darn thing twice with a spear then set it on fire about seven times. And it still lived and killed me, he also killed my BFF Biscuit my Pig bro!

I think I'll give this strategy a try. Of course with the safety of my log suit and meat effigy again, can't be sure it will work 100%.