The Campfire Song Contest!

I can really only do poetry only when I don't want to either, and I really wanna enter this contest... I'm sorry... I wish I could, but I can't... I have a DS poem, but it is not about a campfire, Its about what I feel like when I play DS... But if my brain is being stupid one day, and it pops the perfect song/poem into my head, I promise I'll write it down and put it on here as soon as possible!

I can really only do poetry only when I don't want to either, and I really wanna enter this contest... I'm sorry... I wish I could, but I can't... I have a DS poem, but it is not about a campfire, Its about what I feel like when I play DS... But if my brain is being stupid one day, and it pops the perfect song/poem into my head, I promise I'll write it down and put it on here as soon as possible!

That's perfectly fine.I hope it will happen.

I have already started to create mine (Was darkwood on deviantart) And it will come with a recording so yea. I'll edit this post with the song once its finished. It helps knowing tons and tons of girl scout campfire songs lol.

I wish we still had girl scouts. I never got to go on a camping trip...

Alright- I have my entry. It comes with a recording as well!

Lyrics:

What protects you,

In the night?

It is very,

Oh-so bright.

Chorus

The fire is warm,

The fire is bright.

Make it,

Love it,

Nurture it right.

Shadows are coming,

Will they get you?

Will you make it?

The fire is due.

Its brightness comes,

Its life begun.

The fire you made,

Must last night-long.

Chorus

They are watching,

Your every move.

Shadow hands reaching,

To get you.

Chase them away,

For they will lose.

You will make this,

First night through.

Chorus

The light comes now,

The fire is low.

You’ve survived ,

You’ve kept your soul.

The fire is gone now,

Dawn has come.

For this night,

Was already won.

Chorus

Recording:

https://soundcloud.com/kaylee-sharp/the-fire

Alright- I have my entry. It comes with a recording as well! Also- may I submit more than one because I want to just for fun- just one that's a spin-off of 'The Circle's Round'. It can just be for fun- not an official entry.

Lyrics:

What protects you,

In the night?

It is very,

Oh-so bright.

Chorus

The fire is warm,

The fire is bright.

Make it,

Love it,

Nurture it right.

Shadows are coming,

Will they get you?

Will you make it?

The fire is due.

Its brightness comes,

Its life begun.

The fire you made,

Must last night-long.

Chorus

They are watching,

Your every move.

Shadow hands reaching,

To get you.

Chase them away,

For they will lose.

You will make this,

First night through.

Chorus

The light comes now,

The fire is low.

You’ve survived ,

You’ve kept your soul.

The fire is gone now,

Dawn has come.

For this night,

Was already won.

Chorus

Recording:

• Like 1

Alright- I have my entry. It comes with a recording as well!

Lyrics:

What protects you,

In the night?

It is very,

Oh-so bright.

Chorus

The fire is warm,

The fire is bright.

Make it,

Love it,

Nurture it right.

Shadows are coming,

Will they get you?

Will you make it?

The fire is due.

Its brightness comes,

Its life begun.

The fire you made,

Must last night-long.

Chorus

They are watching,

Your every move.

Shadow hands reaching,

To get you.

Chase them away,

For they will lose.

You will make this,

First night through.

Chorus

The light comes now,

The fire is low.

You’ve survived ,

You’ve kept your soul.

The fire is gone now,

Dawn has come.

For this night,

Was already won.

Chorus

Recording:

This is amazing! You have such a pretty voice! If you send me the music, I can try a swing at it! Or can you make my poem into a song? I also love how you faded your voice at the end!

This is amazing! You have such a pretty voice! If you send me the music, I can try a swing at it! Or can you make my poem into a song? I also love how you faded your voice at the end!

Ah, heh-thanks. Though I am a bit confused by your requests. Are you saying that you want the lyrics and tune to the GS song 'Make New Friends' (Its actually not A Circles Round) to make your own spin off of it and the other you wanted me to sing your poem?

Okay, I came up with one, and I am going to record it shortly.This is to the tune of Pinkie Pies Gypsy Bard. (It was hard to change some of the words, sorry!)When your ripe with devastation,Theres a simple explanation,Your one of Maxwell's creations,Trapped inside a crystal ball.And which ever way he tilts it,Know that we must be resilient,We won't let him break our spirits as we sing our campfire song!When I was a little kiddy,Willows blaze over took my city,They shipped me off to the orphanage,Said ditch those drapes if you wanna fit in.So I dug 1,000 holes,And mined a rock with orphaned twinsNow memories are blurredand their faces are obscureBut I still know the words to this song!When you fumble all your banglesAnd your mandrake has been mangled,Listen to the jingle jangle of my one man band-arine!Cuz these scores are hypnotizing,And the whole worlds harmonizing,So please guys just stop your fighting And just sing along with me!

• Like 1

We have a new entry, the guy who made it is not a forum member so I post it here.

Here's the link where you can listen to the song http://www.mediafire.com/listen/6yu9v4q7odn0yp8/Raccoon_Superheroes_-_Really_Dapper_Guy.mp3

The author's name may be tricky, this guy is my friend and that is our band name : P

Lyrics:

Now here's a story, about a really dapper guy. He liked science a lot, maybe a bit too much, which brought him

into a really strange world... here we go

Let me tell you a tale about

this guy who had never a doubt

He is short but he certainly knows

How to set all those demons loose

Research with a strange device

Got him into a game of vice;

He got captured and he was brought

to this world of pain and drought

On the road, on the way

On the road, into the fray

On the road, on the way

On the road, into the fray

The first day came and soon went by

Like the third, seventh, ninety-ninth

Winter fitness, robot madness

It all ends in mindless sadness

Camp was torn up really badly

not as bad as his sanity

time has come to hit the border

Shadows lurked at every corner

On the road again, on the way again

On the road again, into the fray

One deerclops, one Bishop

It does not matter

(no singing) they're all dead

But our story doesn't end here, with destroyed robots and torn up chests, see,

this little fella' was just too hell-bent on revenge

Research made, day and night

implement and overwrite

One more gem and one more glue

That was just the needed clue

The day has come for the breakthrough

A great discovery through and through

On this-one day he could find

to bring the fight to the mastermind

Swords have flashed

minds have clashed

in a game of chess

(no singing) for life, and death

Move the pawn, move the knight

Send the rook, to the right

Move the rook again, move the pawn again

Move the knight at them, move the rook

Move the rook again, move the pawn again

Move the knight at them

Move them over the field, over the field move the knight!

Move the rook, to the right

Move the pawn again move the knight at them

Move the rook again over the field

Guard the king again, move the queen to him

Move the king to the right, wait, no!

A-ha! Checkmate!

One bad move, and he seized it, and the kid has won. Long after the match had begun.

And after all that,he managed to defeat his inner demons, and thus ends the tale of the... of the... this really

dapper guy.

We have 15 days left 'till the contest ends!

And by the way, I won't jury alone. I don't believe one member jury is fair.

I want to join, unforunally I can't record. But heres the title and lyrics, "Caves and raves"Slurtles and snurtles andBunnymen hurdles... Full of merms and a cane all around, if onlywilson P. higgsbury made up some wings then the piggys could fly and the walruses could die.just make sure the smallbirds and mandrakes have a home or then Willow the fire queen will make them see hope...Just as maxwell prepares for the game he plays a round a chessnot to blame, then wolfgang the strong makes his way aroundlong... to murder the great beast of koalefant tracks to survive winterhe must stack... The rabbits, the bees, the horrible disease is one thing to starve for their he must win the masters throne of sin.Or he will starve and not win... ---It's horrible But i wanted to try!

• Like 1

Also can I make a drawing request? I wanted to draw this but my camera won't look good when I take a picture of it. So my request is Draw a Bunnymen with a top hat and monocle with a cane, and a piggy with a football helm and a football and a Walrus with a blowpipe and checkered hat and a Merm with a straw hat and a pitchfork. All in a row . You don't have to, but I just wanted to know.

hey i cannot make the sounds but i can do the lyrics of my song.here's the lyrics and the title title:killing tentacleslyrics:killing tentacles.killing tentacles.killing tentacles!I love killing tentacles.kill all the tentacles.cook them in a crock pot.turn them into tentacle stew.kill all the brothers,fathers,mothers,sisters of a tentacle.we all love killing tentacles.killing tentacles.killing tentacles.killing tentacles!all tentacles are stupid.they have no brains.kill them to get a tentacle spike.tentacle spike.tentacle spike.tentacle spike!you also get tentacle spots from killing one of 'em.tentacles.tentacles.tentacles!kill the king of tentacles.kill the king of tentacles.kill the king of tentacles!cos' i'm the king of killing tentacaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllsssssssssssssss.

Edited by wheatly230
  • Like 1

i have a new campfire song because my song is more rock music because i forgot that it was a campfire song contest.here's my new song: Wendy's Abigail Oh abigail,she's dead. I wish she was alive. It's so sad without Abigail. I wish she was alive. I so wish she was alive. Oh wait,what's that. It's a ghost with a bow. I'm gonna ask her if she is Abigail Yes she is. Now I feel much better.