Excellent game. One major suggestion.

First off, excellent game. I am greatly enjoying playing and my viewers have loved it as well. I look forward to (hopefully) more randomization, more items, more characters, more area types, more monsters and so on. These are the things that make this game amazing for me thus far. More sudden, oh-crap, random encounters as well. For instance: the first time I encountered a Treant, I tried to burn it down with a torch. It followed me into my camp (conveniently ringed in trees) where it burned the trees, my camp and myself to the ground. That was the end of game 1 at 10 days and it was super exciting!

After streaming this on Twitch today for 8 to 10 hours, I realized one thing. The game does not have a driving force besides just making up things to do for yourself. Once you get research handled and/or get a farm going and a little base of operations, you are pretty much invincible for the long haul.

I don't think merely adding a difficulty level would fix this. I think there will need to be some driving force to make you keep going forward besides survive for x-amount of days. Now maybe I haven't played it long enough and something crazy happens along these lines, but it didn't seem like it was going to.

Maybe add something like areas that die out after a while and you have to relocate/move on for a long time before it comes back into productivity? I'm not really sure yet.

Looking forward to the upcoming development of this game. Also, thanks for visiting our stream and being awesome Devs!

Wes

www.twitch.tv/wearetheromantics

www.wearetheromantics.com

It'd get annoying have to find a new location once you've settled in. Maybe have storms? This would force you to visit another island and set up shop there temporarily while your [main] island is inaccessible. Or if not storm, just rain. This will put out any fires, meaning that night time will pretty much be pitch black. Of course, this would be pretty unfair if it rained at night. And then again, it would be weird if it rained only during the day.

Sounds good. I'm new to these forums and was just turned on to this game a couple of days ago. Doing our best to promote this game and support the small developers.

I came back today after more play time to talk about the Berry issue and saw that there is a patch to fix it :D Looks like everything is headed in the right direction to me!

Many similar things have been suggested; new biomes, weather, seasons and such would keep things lively.

Yup, yup, yup. Basically we all expect that Sooner or later the game will implement weather (i.e. rain storms, thunderstorms, hail, fog, ect... but which ones, who knows?). That being said we would all love for a seasonal system to be added, but if not, then to have islands that have different biomes: dessert island, lava island, snowy island.

I'm extremely excited about ALL of that. I have a feeling this is going to turn into a difficulty level directly related to it's namesake. Gone Be GUD!

After playing and stopping at day 50 something and then again to day 100, my understanding of the game has changed. The recent updates were EXACTLY down the right track in my opinion.

It'd get annoying have to find a new location once you've settled in. Maybe have storms? This would force you to visit another island and set up shop there temporarily while your [main] island is inaccessible. Or if not storm, just rain. This will put out any fires, meaning that night time will pretty much be pitch black. Of course, this would be pretty unfair if it rained at night. And then again, it would be weird if it rained only during the day.

I did a post about weather events and natural disasters a bit ago

1#

2# 7th post