Slighshot ammo need buffs

2 hours ago, Gashzer said:

Walter using big woby as a mount is a massive lore point which makes up alot of his short. Klei needs to honour the thematics between Walter and woby. 

Wigfrid getting beefalo skills fits her thematically as a valkyrie with a noble steed. Beefalo skills fit no other character even if you could argue that an ornery beefalo is wasted on her.

Skills to buff small woby would be nice ofc.

I mean it's not like Woby stops being a option but there's not much klei can do to make her the superior mount and her lore makes her unable to tank damage for Walter which will always be a major advantage given to the beefalo even if you make her faster or more resource friendly.

While the mount experience should definitely be improved on Woby I think in terms of Woby overall the focus shouldn't be on out beefing the beefalo but giving Woby more uses beyond being storage and a beefalo side grade. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gashzer said:

Combining both an upgraded slingshot with big woby is a way to buff ranged combat for Walter and ensures woby doesn't become obsolete. Kill 2 birds with one stone

making something that's already beneficial to use with slingshot more beneficial would be pointless and that'd probably make the slingshot that you can use while not on woby worthless

Edited by grm9

3 hours ago, grm9 said:

making something that's already beneficial to use with slingshot more beneficial would be pointless and that'd probably make the slingshot that you can use while not on woby worthless

Easy solution to that is to have 2 slingshot skill branches and we get locked into one of them.

1. First branch to create a giant slingshot to attach to big woby which has powerful AoE or very high damage rounds.
  2. Second branch is to add my 2 regular size slingshots, the lazy flinger and the double trouble. 
  3. These could be the lunar/shadow affinities... shadows is lazy flinger/double trouble. Lunar is giant slingshot for big woby.

That way we can choose to be able to obtain buffed regular versions of the slingshot or we can choose to craft a bigger stronger slingshot but it requires big woby.

Other side skill ideas for walter:

• to boost hunting and tracking of animals.
  • An upgraded drying rack that can dry more meat faster- jerky is useful for walter.
  • My ghillie suit idea would be fun.
  • Planar rounds. 
  • Buff small woby to run and collect items off the ground
  • Give small woby the ability to track resources like wheelers compass
  • Buff big woby's to not buck walter when receiving damage
  • Big woby speed buff, duration buff
  • Pinecone hat buff to have 35% water resist and tier 2 summer/winter insulation- make it a jack of all trades insulation hat to give it more utility.

Feel free to add your own suggestions grm9

Edited by Gashzer

18 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

The problem with it not being stronger is it ends up feeling useless which is also not fun. It fails in basically every aspect when it comes to utility it's not about being optimal it’s about having a use beyond role-playing. Heck if people didn't care they wouldn't have wanted refreshes, skill trees, or character revisits in general.

I literally said in the post I agree the slingshot could use a buff