Quality of Life or Overpowered?: Thermal stone with no durability

Thermal stone  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Would the thermal stone without durability be extremely overpowered?

• Yes. It would be extremely overpowered.
    • No. It would alleviate an annoyance.

If it's anything like thermal stone in solo DS (it has no durability there) then no , absolutely no i prefer a functional non annoying thermal stone even if it means repairing it once a while.

The entire point of giving thermal stones durability in DST (when they had none in solo DS) was to add new gameplay elements to the thermal stone itself-

That being needing to be mindful of its temperature & overall durability. As well as to farm for more resources should you be careless enough to let it break.

you make this vote as if to sway Klei’s design in your favor, MEANWHILE you completely overlook some of the things Klei has ALREADY designed around the stones having a Durability in the first place.

As just one example: Winona’s Duct Tape, a lot of people don’t know that My girl Nona can repair Thermal Stones using her Trusty Tape, & if we were to make Thermal Stones not lose durability, that would just give Winona (a character who still heavily underperforms) one Less thing she can actually do.

Now me personally: I sit firmly in the camp of let’s remove the thermal stone from the game entirely (at least add that as a world Gen choice option…) so I am absolutely FORCED into using something, literally ANYTHING other than a Hot/Cold Stone that make Winter, Spring & Summer mostly irrelevant.

Make me use the items that are actually dedicated to the Winter, Summer & Spring Crafting Tabs, and if we need more items for each of those tabs, add them to the game. But as long as funny hot/cold rock solves the problem, there will never be any use for new winter, summer, spring clothes and items.