Anyone remember moon lenses?

I was pretty excited at the prospect of having moon lenses of each different color that had a purpose with crafting. I wish Klei would revisit introducing new recipes for them. Here's an idea that came to mind:

Red moonlens -> health detection structure.
Reveals the HP of units within a radius of it. Works for both players and enemies.

Yellow moonlens -> light and heat structure.
Similar to flingomatic, only activates in emergency situations. Will imbue light around a player that is about to be hit by Charlie, and can also provide warmth to a freezing player. Maybe uses some type of fuel.

Green moonlens -> functions like a pseudoscience station. Requires you to use a pseudoscience station to make this structure.

Edited by cybers2001
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Juanasdf said:

Moonlenses are good for marking things on the map. I make two pairs of the same color for wormholes and giant tentacles

Giant tentacles yeah, but for wormholes I just use skins.  Ofc gotta pick ones that are easily discernable lol

4 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

I just use skins. 

I don't like the wormhole skins, but yeah those are also useful, though their icon doesn't shine in fog / appear through unexplored areas (if newer players join)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cybers2001 said:

Yellow moonlens -> light and heat structure.

Similar to flingomatic, only activates in emergency situations. Will imbue light around a player that is about to be hit by Charlie, and can also provide warmth to a freezing player. Maybe uses some type of fuel.

I like this one a lot. Really neat idea to have a sort of life support structure like that where it'll certainly keep you alive if you're standing in the range, but won't give you the necessary preparation to go OUTSIDE of the range.

• Like 1