Wigfrid was left without QoL, again.

While her arsenal is good(repair kit for elding spear pls, or being able to repair it with volt goat horn)  battlesongs are underwhelming other than abusive health and sanity leech with unfixed punching bag thingie. It's almost been 4 years since her rework, no new interesting and useful songs, no QoL to old ones, only fireproof, years after being useless.

We can all agree affinity skills are... existing. No changes to them were made. 

Wormwood is getting reworked into more and more combat for some reason, but Wigfrid can't get changes on her "buff team" side, so much missed potential. 

Since she won't be changed for another couple of years, can we get battlesong remix for Malbatross theme? The only song version missing :apthy:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 2

Yeah I gotta say I'm really let down by the overall lack of Wigfrid changes. You telling me that Wormwood needed special attention to the point of getting a second Skill tree overhaul, but we can't get buffs to the songs to make more than like 2 or 3 of them be worth using? Not to mention the absolute farce that is the allignment songs.

• Like 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

3 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

Yeah I gotta say I'm really let down by the overall lack of Wigfrid changes. You telling me that Wormwood needed special attention to the point of getting a second Skill tree overhaul, but we can't get buffs to the songs to make more than like 2 or 3 of them be worth using? Not to mention the absolute farce that is the allignment songs.

Your out of touch if you think wigfridge gets more buffs. Wormwood was needed as his stuff was tied to post rift content and choosing between bramble husk and brightshade was really bad. I like were wormwood is now, he is probally the weakest out of all trees on power level except for wilson but wormwood is super fun to play now.

You seem to be out of touch with your own comment, Wormwood is super fun to play now (he always was since farming update), and Wigfrid battlesongs part is not. 
Weakest skilltree with straight buff that completes his big insane support character kit, ok

Supose I shouldn't argue with someone who has a wigfridge profile pick, but what I'm saying is wormwood needed more focus than wigfridge. 

Wormwood was fun yes but for combat he is way more enjoyable now. 

41 minutes ago, RainBO_OM said:

Weakest skilltree with straight buff that completes his big insane support character kit, ok

Talking about wilson or wormwood? If wilson he just transmutes no support there. Wormwood support is just food and living logs.

Edited by ChintzyGnat
Spelling

5 minutes ago, ChintzyGnat said:

Supose I shouldn't argue with someone who has a wigfridge profile pick, but what I'm saying is wormwood needed more focus than wigfridge. 

Wormwood was fun yes but for combat he is way more enjoyable now. 

Talking about wilson or wormwood? If wilson he just transmutes no support there. Wormwood support is just food and living logs.

yes you shouldn't :D joking
I played every version of Wormwood, he already was fun simply for speed and living logs, how good having farms is in big team. What i'm saying is, it's not about someone getting too much attention, but missed potential to get it, every character deserve it. In Wigfrid case, skilltree was rushed before holidays, ofc she got new weapons with old existing mechanics, but didn't fix her main problem. I personally don't care about strenght, just let it look(or sound) interesting, thats all what battlesongs are not

8 minutes ago, Well-met said:

like most of your peers, i believe you are highly confused on what QoL means and what it's meant for

i'm highly confused what was your comment for because in my post i'm asking for literally any crumbs of attention to Wigfrid battlesongs

I agree.  I don't play Wig much, but every time I played her - both after her initial refresh and after getting her skill tree - I find I typically just play her as a Wilson with damage / tank boosts.  Her songs take a lot to craft for little effect.  Passive inspiration gain while riding a beef was great MOSTLY because I could turn on something like equip durability or sanity leech song before a fight so I don't forget it lol.

Also the nerf to her res was entirely uncalled for.  You need so much inspiration for that thing...  If you actually have occasion to res >2 people you should get the satisfaction of that!  Seriously, how rare it is to have so many ppl die near me...

In general I think she should have focus on more active songs, and less passive ones.  Passive stats are easy to ignore, either failing to turn them on or not noticing that they were.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

4 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

Also the nerf to her res was entirely uncalled for.  You need so much inspiration for that thing...  If you actually have occasion to res >2 people you should get the satisfaction of that!  Seriously, how rare it is to have so many ppl die near me...

only use I found for it is revive new players on dedicated servers who join at first spring and we have brightshades on base already, but Wanda comes and revives for free when i'm farming that inspiration doing some crazy moves to not lose it after destroying 4 full spider nests :|

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I feel like people only consider combat perks when saying Wig is strong when most characters have utility perks wheras Wig is (by design) basically all combat. She SHOULD be strong and have a lot of combat options, that's the whole point of her character.

• Like 1

I absolutely love playing Wigfrid and the skill tree had... some cool ideas but out of all that I only got a song can, a spear and sometimes being able to revive people, I can't comprehend how Wormwood gets so many changes mostly to combat which he is not even supposed to do but Wigfrid only gets a faster cooldown for stingers that are not worth using.

I cannot even share the spear which is something I liked about Wigfrid, being able to help your pals either with buffs or gear, I liked a lot of the ideas from the other Wigfrid topic that made the songs tie in with gear for friends and stuff, I am all in for her getting more supportive stuff.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SSneaky said:

affinity songs should be buffed. 5% is ignorable.

its 10% damage and 15% defense and 10% from affinity skill itself, but doesn't change the fact it's useless, especially against planar mobs they are supposed to be for

13 minutes ago, _zwb said:

Just deal with it like Wilson mains;)

Just ignore that your characters interesting mechanics can't get properly expanded or little changed because the most basic one was left basic;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lovens said:

What is a battle song remix? 

just her singing in fighting music when battlesong buff is attached to you, I highly recommend to listen to "Against the Grain(Opera)" antlion theme on youtube, such a rare thing to hear, sounds so epic! 

Here're some changes of her items i hope:

Elding Spear: holding RMB to charge and slow down the speed , the distance of strike increases base on the charging time(just like Vi in league of legends), and the upgrated spear charge faster

Battle Rond: less during time in the blocking state and gain more reward if success to parry

Edited by Littlefat1213

2 hours ago, RainBO_OM said:

just her singing in fighting music when battlesong buff is attached to you, I highly recommend to listen to "Against the Grain(Opera)" antlion theme on youtube, such a rare thing to hear, sounds so epic! 

Oh, that's interesting! I thought her singing was just an additional overlay added on top of all boss themes.