Regarding the Lureplant fix and moonrock farming

I am assuming that this bug was specifically targeted towards the use of lureplants to prevent Fuelweaver from reaching the atrium gate, and I understand that it's very fair to not want one of what's considered to be one of the final bosses in the game to be beaten by AFKing. However, assuming that spider nests will also get the same treatment, Moonrock farms will be in shambles.

image.png.581030218808719b1c35f33ad5ebf8c5.png

Any chance that we could get Bearger and/or non-Fuelweaver reanimated skeletons to not ignore lureplants? Or an alternative that's not Wilson to farming them similarly conveniently with the farm patched?

• Like 2
  • Shopcat 2

1 minute ago, chaosmonkey said:

The moonstone giving back more moonrock than it took to repair was more broken than the lureplants blocking giants. Can farm CC or set up some vargs at the moonstone.

It feels like these changes klei is implementing makes all playstyles converge into 1. I'm not a fan of the loss of individual expression. Now everyone is going to have vargs at the moonstone, otherwise you'll be strapped forever. 

I'm a believer in "If it's not broke don't fix it." And this wasn't particularly broken. 

I'm not THAT passionate about losing the skeleton and bearger moonrock farming myself as I actually do use vargs, hounds and werepig moonrock farms, but to me, it's the core principal that terrifies me. 

If something people are enjoying aren't fitting in with klei's vision, then it gets unceremoniously taken out.

It reeks of "No, you're not meant to have fun this way! You're meant to enjoy the game the way we intended"

I'll leave it there. I'm not looking to argue or debate. It's just that with this issue, that's my opinion as a humble player of 5700hrs. 

Bring back golden Wigfrid. I haven't forgotten

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

A bug is a bug, and I like seeing bugs squished.
I am upset to see that this bug squish is "likely" to be reverted. Shouldn't have been in the game in the first place.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Catuna_ said:

I am assuming that this bug was specifically targeted towards the use of lureplants to prevent Fuelweaver from reaching the atrium gate

It was actually targeted at the Scrappy Werepig; other related uses were just affected because it generally makes a kind of sense to fix the root of a problem rather than put a band-aid on the instance of the problem that you want to fix.

But it seems like they're already probably going to switch from the former approach to the latter, so this farm will probably end up workable again. Edit: for now.

Edited by Faintly Macabre

4 hours ago, Evelo said:

A bug is a bug, and I like seeing bugs squished.
I am upset to see that this bug squish is "likely" to be reverted. Shouldn't have been in the game in the first place.

Except it wasn't a bug.  The interaction is entirely consistent with the nature and design of the code.  The lureplant isn't a structure, so its not toppled like a structure.  It is a living mob and body-blocks the same as any other mob would.  This is why you attack them with weapons to destroy them rather than using a hammer.

I get that you don't like the interaction, but calling it a bug is not correct.  Not everything you dislike, or that is unintuitive is a bug.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

4 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

Not everything you dislike, or that is unintuitive is a bug.

Agree it.

Just like the krampus factory, it gives too much food, too many krampus sacks. But it's of course not a bug. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yuuko said:

Except it wasn't a bug.  The interaction is entirely consistent with the nature and design of the code.  The lureplant isn't a structure, so its not toppled like a structure.  It is a living mob and body-blocks the same as any other mob would.  This is why you attack them with weapons to destroy them rather than using a hammer.

I get that you don't like the interaction, but calling it a bug is not correct.  Not everything you dislike, or that is unintuitive is a bug.

Well when you explain it that way it makes perfect sense.
"Not everything you dislike, or that is unintuitive is a bug." I assumed it was a bug. Considering the nature of it now that it is explained clearly, I understand now. I no longer dislike it because I was convinced it was a bug akin to void walking. It has moved from the category of "Exploit" to "Cheese" in my brain which is acceptable.
Please do not assume people's reasoning for why they feel a certain way. You may be surprised as to their reason.

• Like 1

V2C mentioned this would probably be fixed in an upcoming update.

In the meantime you can use stagehand instead of lureplant. Unsure if it works with bearger but it works just fine with forest stalker.

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1