Did anyone tried to play two copies at once?

Let's say i have two PCs and two steam accounts with dst copies. I'm launching both and playing one character mainly while somehow trying to also make use of the second one to do simpler tasks like chopping. 

Did anyone try something like that using right mods and bots? Did it work out somewhat smoothly?

I suppose using remote desktop could be more comfortable than putting my hands on another set of mouse and keyboard. Though I don't know any useful bots or such.

I guess these mods could help:
Action queue for chopping/minning/collecting crops after hammering giant crops. Would greatly reduce time I need to spend controlling second character on remote desktop
Auto walk would help the second character move around great distances without my main character around it.
Keep following. It's better if bot isn't separated from me most of the time. Easier to share light source and feed it.

Do you know some mods or scripts that could be useful? I don't think bot would be capable of fighting well so just smoothly giving it commands for simple tasks would be pretty nice.

It just became possiblity to me and sounds like tons of fun.

I made typo in title should be "Try" the "did" is already past tense
image.gif.283bc51cf3f6ce503483be3a8c622a9c.gif

• Like 2

Instead of two PCs you can run two steam accounts with Sandboxie, even with my potato laptop I don't feel any difference in game performance or ping, only longer loadings
Depends on how you are comfortable, separate dst windows to two halfs of screen or just alt+tab, either way you would need to click in this window to act in it

With the mods you listed, add Attack queque which allows to choose mobs which your character will attack tanking (kinda dangerous, needs good planning and attention)

Playing from two accounts at the same time gives insane possibilitties, which will be limited by brain melting after some time trying to control it, honestly I don't think it counts as cheating, it's really hard and tiring! 
I personally used this in boss rushing(with friend, he was informed!) because there is character I don't wanna play for entire run(Wilson) and leave as him as soon as his task is done, or there were situations when random players wouldn't let me and my other teammate vote rollback/regen world so I join with second account and succesfully win the vote, happens too..

Also it's depressing to play "solo" with this, just have fun on dedicated servers ;)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Wonz said:

Did anyone try something like that using right mods and bots? Did it work out somewhat smoothly?

Yes, yes i did, i made an afk bot years ago, and when i dont want to leave my afk station which i build to make afk possible, i use 2nd account to go hang out with friends.
Now lots of things has changed, my old afk probably wont work anymore, but there probably mods that help you get work done if you dig deep enough.

As far as i know, there are auto taming beef mod, auto farm plant mod, cooking/fishing mods,harvest and referterlize mod, avoid danger/ dodge most basic atk mod.... but they are all hidden, good luck finding them in the playerbase.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RainBO_OM said:

Instead of two PCs you can run two steam accounts with Sandboxie

Mine should definetly handle it. Could your recommend me some sandbox?

16 hours ago, RainBO_OM said:

Also it's depressing to play "solo" with this, just have fun on dedicated servers

I am playing with friends but they're irredeemably in need of my support and if that's just one of them I can handle it but with 3 I wish to have extra pair of hands.

23 hours ago, The Starver said:

Sure! Sandboxie Plus is a free, open-source sandbox software. I use it myself!

I tried to use it but I'm getting some worrying pop up when I start dst on both accounts. Could you describe how do you do this?

23 hours ago, The Starver said:

Sure! Sandboxie Plus is a free, open-source sandbox software. I use it myself!

I tried to use it but I'm getting some worrying pop up when I start dst on both accounts. Could you describe how do you do this?

Followed this tutorial 

It's missing something around 3:12 mark. Guy talks about some SPPE but I have no idea what is this then.

Sandboxie shows me this
image.png.8060ed87e0a0d8f8b3a142ed458d1495.png

I were suspecting I'd have to install dst 2nd time somewhere else for 2nd account to use but I am not sure. Do i need to have two DSTs installed? 

Just like minute ago I got told what it means and how to make it stop popping up and that I shouldn''t worry about it. I'm now going to try playing with two at once.

• Like 1

I used sandboxie and well and it slowed my laptop to a crawl. I used it for something I won't reveal. But for sure, if your machine is beefed up, there is value in having 2 instances running. 

On 3/21/2024 at 11:49 PM, chirsg said:

I used sandboxie and well and it slowed my laptop to a crawl. I used it for something I won't reveal. But for sure, if your machine is beefed up, there is value in having 2 instances running. 

Already had fun with it, my laptop is beefed up so I didn't notice it any performance drop. Still got robbed of 60 rocks and other things by random wigfrid 1/4 way through building base.