Wanda's Magical Kit Split (read OP before voting pls)

Wanda's Magical Kit Split (read OP before voting pls)  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Wanda is split into 2 characters. Which are you playing?

• (I do not play Wanda) Combat Kit
    • (I do not play Wanda) Transport Kit
    • (I do not play Wanda) I wouldn't play Wanda
    • (I do play Wanda) Combat Kit
    • (I do play Wanda) Transport Kit
    • (I do play Wanda) I wouldn't play Wanda

I do not understand the design of this poll. Why are there radio button options for both playing and not playing? Wouldn't only 3 options (i prefer teleport, i prefer combat, i don't care) be enough? Or is there something I'm missing?

1 minute ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

I do not understand the design of this poll. Why are there radio button options for both playing and not playing? Wouldn't only 3 options (i prefer teleport, i prefer combat, i don't care) be enough? Or is there something I'm missing?

Theres three options for if you currently play her, and three if you do not actively play her right now

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

That's assuming you aren't going to use the 3 time pieces on alarming clock, you can craft ageless watch and deconstruct it when you get materials for alarming clock but you'll be back at 1 either way until you go to ruins or archives.

True enough but if you really wanted to you very much could just fight bosses without the clock if you don't feel like going down there beforehand.

16 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

It is a standard I placed on myself

This is fine.

16 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

but it is pretty much a given for Wanda playstyle,

This is your opinion.

17 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Woodie has access to his powers quite easily and you don't need  to have too many idols, they are easily craftable. Wurt on the other hand doesn't need to have king but that character only comes to full power after first year and she has to get both scorching sunfish and ice bream, the important one is scorching sunfish as you will be able to use it during winter and spring without a need for rain protection. In addition you need to build merm houses and king. 

The same applies to Wanda really you don't need more than 2 clocks to boss nor do you need the alarming clock heck you could get by not using magic at all for your autumn clears. As for Wurt you can very much build enough merm guards and the king to boss by the end of the first autumn if you commit to it I've done so many times.

47 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Abilities that already exist can't be removed unless the character is refreshed, it doesn't leave a good taste in anyone's mouth and perception matters. Wolfgang players have complained about his skill tree and there is nothing wrong with that, he has been done dirty and has always been a pretty boring and simple but powerful character.

This is a different matter I'm not talking about removing the skills just redistributing them and not in the way they handled Wolfgang's where they nerfed it's usd case. Also there's absolutely nothing saying this can't happen.

52 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Just because a character is powerful it doesn't mean that he doesn't deserve to get the attention while characters that are weak should get more attention but it shouldn't be such a big difference like Wolfgang and Woodie skill tree.

It's not just a case of being too powerful with Maxwell his current skill set is that of a character who already received a skill tree and yet he's getting a skill tree if he weren't it'd be a different story but he is even if you made the changes I suggested he'd still he a well rounded powerful character pre skill tree. This also opens the door for him to get some impactful skill tree skills as well because as it stands he can't really have that.

1 hour ago, 00petar00 said:

Also players that like to play powerful characters have that option, why do their characters need to be nerfed? I am playing the game and enjoying it and If you think that it is boring, play a different character.

This encourages the infinite refresh cycle if your fine with that  it is what it is.

5 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

I am the opposite, I rush ruins and nightmare werepig. I go out before winter starts with alarming clock,dreadstone helm and ruins loot. The faster you snowball on her the better you are off, it is much easier for me to be "lazy" as any other character.

Cool. I really do respect the speedrunners and rushers out there. You guys do some awesome stuff. 

I have more of a "stop-and-smell-the-roses" playstyle, so my worlds (once I get better at DST; I'm dying during 1st Winter currently) are generally the 10,000-day-type, instead of the "boss rush by second Autumn."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

The same applies to Wanda really you don't need more than 2 clocks to boss nor do you need the alarming clock heck you could get by not using magic at all for your autumn clears. As for Wurt you can very much build enough merm guards and the king to boss by the end of the first autumn if you commit to it I've done so many times.

Correct but if I wanted to make my game harder, I'd pick Wes not Wanda. The goal is to access her kit as soon as possible, that is the main Wanda playstyle and most experienced Wanda players will do this.

This is a different matter I'm not talking about removing the skills just redistributing them and not in the way they handled Wolfgang's where they nerfed it's usd case. Also there's absolutely nothing saying this can't happen.

19 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Personally I feel like it would make more sense to lock his other abilities behind the skill tree not including the servants, duelists, and the magician's tophat it simply makes more sense for him to learn those additional abilities over time than start with the ability to bind bosses and morph mobs into their shadow variants.

It's not just a case of being too powerful with Maxwell his current skill set is that of a character who already received a skill tree and yet he's getting a skill tree if he weren't it'd be a different story but he is even if you made the changes I suggested he'd still he a well rounded powerful character pre skill tree. This also opens the door for him to get some impactful skill tree skills as well because as it stands he can't really have that.

The point of skill trees is to add more buffs and variety to characters not to lock the current abilities they have. The reason I had to quote this again is because Maxwell mains would be outraged for a good reason if half their skill tree is his current abilities, that means that he wouldn't get nearly as much attention and dev time compared to other characters.

This would be worse than Wolfgang's skill tree because although his is boring at least it isn't copy paste and lock his abilities before release not that he had that much to begin with.

This is totally a nerf, you'd have to consider and maybe it wouldn't even be possible to unlock all of his current abilities if you want to get affinity.

I wouldn't find what you are suggesting acceptable and I'd rather he not get any skill tree if it is going to be as you suggest. (I don't even play Maxwell)

30 minutes ago, The Starver said:

Cool. I really do respect the speedrunners and rushers out there. You guys do some awesome stuff. 

I have more of a "stop-and-smell-the-roses" playstyle, so my worlds (once I get better at DST; I'm dying during 1st Winter currently) are generally the 10,000-day-type, instead of the "boss rush by second Autumn."

I am not really a speedrunner, I have more fun playing DST after doing some tasks like rushing ruins or killing a couple of bosses and making it easier on myself to survive and build. I don't even bother killing CC in the first 150 days but after this beta update it will become a much higher priority because of storage.

Rushing ruins is quite simple after you learn all the dangers, there's not much skill involved as clockworks and splumonkeys don't need to be fought. It is good idea to kill AG since he has amazing loot and you can get lazy explorer.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Correct but if I wanted to make my game harder, I'd pick Wes not Wanda. The goal is to access her kit as soon as possible, that is the main Wanda playstyle and most experienced Wanda players will do this.

It's really not making it much harder unless your tanking her hp is around Wilson's if your using your young form.

The point of skill trees is to add more buffs and variety to characters not to lock the current abilities they have. The reason I had to quote this again is because Maxwell mains would be outraged for a good reason if half their skill tree is his current abilities, that means that he wouldn't get nearly as much attention and dev time compared to other characters.

Correct but the thing is Maxwell already has this which is why I feel like it could be redistributed with some equally impactful additions on top of that heck doing it this way could even open the door for some of his existing abilities to become more powerful.

This would be worse than Wolfgang's skill tree because although his is boring at least it isn't copy paste and lock his abilities before release not that he had that much to begin with.

This is totally a nerf, you'd have to consider and maybe it wouldn't even be possible to unlock all of his current abilities if you want to get affinity.

I wouldn't find what you are suggesting acceptable and I'd rather he not get any skill tree if it is going to be as you suggest. (I don't even play Maxwell)

Except I'm not saying he won't get anything new alongside it he definitely should but as it stands he's already very comparable to post skill tree character with his massive kit. It's a nerf but it also opens up the door to more creative skills. As it currently stands there's not really anything unique Klei could give him without it just being another thing added to his already massive perk list.

am not really a speedrunner, I have more fun playing DST after doing some tasks like rushing ruins or killing a couple of bosses and making it easier on myself to survive and build. I don't even bother killing CC in the first 150 days but after this beta update it will become a much higher priority because of storage.

Rushing ruins is quite simple after you learn all the dangers, there's not much skill involved as clockworks and splumonkeys don't need to be fought. It is good idea to kill AG since he has amazing loot and you can get lazy explorer.

Ruins rushing is a form of speed running. Really speed runners are mainly just people who got good at the game it doesn't necessarily mean they have to even fight bosses.

Edited by Mysterious box

9 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Correct but the thing is Maxwell already has this which is why I feel like it could be redistributed with some equally impactful additions on top of that heck doing it this way could even open the door for some of his existing abilities to become more powerful.

Except I'm not saying he won't get anything new alongside it he definitely should but as it stands he's already very comparable to post skill tree character with his massive kit. It's a nerf but it also opens up the door to more creative skills. As it currently stands there's not really anything unique Klei could give him without it just being another thing added to his already massive perk list.

All I am saying is that I don't want to see his current abilities removed and pasted in the skill tree. I'd prefer If he didn't get a skill tree if that is going to be the case as it would be an insult to players that currently play him.

Skill tree options can vary in usefulness and power, for example there is nothing wrong with making a skill tree for Maxwell that doesn't give him nearly as much power as Woodie got from his. His current kit should be left untouched, unless klei plans to remove his ability to read Wickerbottom's books but gives him massive buffs with skill tree but it would be very controversial.

Ruins rushing is a form of speed running. Really speed runners are mainly just people who got good at the game it doesn't necessarily mean they have to even fight bosses.

Anything can be speedrun but it doesn't mean that I am a speedrunner as I don't attempt to do it as fast as possible or time it.

Edited by 00petar00

5 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Ruins rushing is a form of speed running

no, because there's no definition of a successful ruins rush, so there's no competition 

With Maxwell already being an S+ tier character, one has to accept that either he gains little from his skill tree or he will get parts if his existing kit to make allow for new stuff without becoming blatantly OP

Expecting him to keep his top tier base kit and then having stuff added on top comparable to what weaker players got is pretty greedy