Would this be so bad?

I think that there's a great argument for buffing pre-CC storage, and giving an incentive to actually making chests before your world's performance starts chugging from dropping items on the ground. And I do think that buffing the storage itself is the move, and not making elastispacers available earlier and/or for cheaper.

As it stands right now the floor is just the best type of storage and I find myself always longing for more storage if I bother with chests due to the stack size for some items being so low and things like having a lot of rocks. It's always been an issue. And so I think that there should be an incentive for using chests, not a punishment one though.

I think that the scaled chest is an item that is due for a buff. It is less efficient and far more expensive than regular chests and just not very good as a result. So giving it a bigger max stack size would make it a lot more appealing, giving a use for extra scales (which are currently just dead space) while not harming the pre-existing current storage solutions in any way. ALSO IT LOOKS AWESOME!!

This would be a win for everyone, you'd be able to farm scales via repeatedly stunning dragonfly or duplicating them with staves (both take a decent amount of time) and that'd be a huge win for people who are not experienced enough yet to reach CC and/or would take too long to beat it before they start longing for better storage. And at the same time, there'd still be the option of using chests for decorative purposes seeing as both are candidates for elastispacers and you'd still be able to store items on the floor for people who want to go through the game quickly or just don't want to bother.

• Like 2
  • Wavey 1

If you ever watched a Minecraft documentary about storage issues (and I beg you don't) you know it's driven by nostalgia. Stack sizes had to be changed for a a few things after plenty of complains and questioning why it happened in general. I think Chests SHOULD in general have higher stack size overall, but it won't likely to happen unless Klei feels like it on this one.

I'm fine with how chests are right now and the upgrade that comes later, but making chests feel stronger and more relevant is always a welcome change in my book.

People should scream more about tool storage imo.

• Like 1