Is Maxwell a Demon/Half-Demon? evidence provided.

Is Maxwell an actual demon? He was human before, but now (and in official artwork, he is sometimes depicted with sharp clawed hands, and triangular teeth (predominantly in his Survivor portrait and the Moonbound portrait)

The other Survivors will refer or reference Maxwell as being a demon/demonic entity "Maxwell might be looking for this." -Wilson: Pitchfork (DS) 

His name was most likely derived from the thought experiment "Maxwell's Demon" 

In-game his skintone is a pallid blood-drained blueish-white.

There's all this evidence but no actual confirmation! I would love to discuss this, or even get outright confirmation from a Dev!

Maxwell_Survivor_Portrait.png

Maxwell_Moonbound_Portrait.png

Maxwell_Greeting_Adventure_Mode_World_5.png

• Like 7

Whether he is or isn't I would think that originally he was completely human. The results of his demonification would be, in my mind, either a result of the nightmare throne or using the codex umbra

Though in relation to this I would also like to point a finger towards the change of Charlie

Edited by InkArts
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, InkArts said:

Whether he is or isn't I would think that originally he was completely human. The results of his demonification would be, in my mind, either a result of the nightmare throne or using the codex umbra

Though in relation to this I would also like to point a finger towards the change of Charlie

He certainly was human to begin with, that isn't something that can be argued. 

Maybe his demonic corruption started with the Codex, and was exacerbated by the Nightmare Throne? 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, CatDrKahl said:

In-game his skintone is a pallid blood-drained blueish-white.

the fella is canonically like a billion years old (he immediately turned into dust when sitting up from his gaming chair), he's probably undead at this point.

Edited by marshyds
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wavey 2

2 hours ago, marshyds said:

the fella is canonically like a billion years old (he immediately turned into dust when sitting up from his gaming chair), he's probably undead at this point.

true, true, that could also be a reason for his color (lol his gaming chair)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's just british c'mon, you people /j

As much as the topic of "demonification" by Them is interesting I don't think the skintone argument holds up, Wilson also has #FFFFFF skin, i think it's the outfit ± the lighting

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsheen said:

Wow, amazing catch! I wonder if this is a reference to 'Maxwell's Demon', him being a cruel man, or just taken literally and that he is a demon of some kind.

I think it's more just saying that Maxwell is cruel. The main point of this big question I'm asking is to find out if Maxwell is (at least half) a species/biological demon now. (It's why I provided canon images.) I do know that Wortox/Krampii demons are not the same species of demon that Maxwell might be, but the evidence is there to say he is a demon/demonic entity. Shark-like triangular teeth, hands that have sharp, claw-like points, and an "undead" blue skin tone.

5 minutes ago, Bughead said:

He's just british c'mon, you people /j

As much as the topic of "demonification" by Them is interesting I don't think the skintone argument holds up, Wilson also has #FFFFFF skin, i think it's the outfit ± the lighting

I just barely went to check Maxwell's skin tone and it's #E7E8EE, a blueish-white. You don't typically see that color on healthy people... ^._^."

whether Maxwell is undead or demonic, his skintone is not exactly healthy...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, marshyds said:

I just love that you called it his gaming chair

47 minutes ago, kehun said:

He kidnapped people into this crazy world ofc he is a demon :eagerness:

yes, Maxwell is most certainly a demon in his actions, but that is not what I am questioning here. I am wondering if he was physiologically (his anatomy/biology, his literal body chemistry) changed into a demon.

I'm not concerned about how the other Survivors see him as a demon, I'm not concerned about what the game description calls him (as in that case, it could simply be referring to his mannerisms)

What I'm concerned about is if his very body, and everything in it was changed biologically into a more "demonic" set.

I'm not concerned about the metaphorical demon Maxwell is, I'm questioning if he's a literal demon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2024 at 9:46 PM, CatDrKahl said:

and triangular teeth (predominantly in his Survivor portrait and the Moonbound portrait)

"My teeth are getting too old for this." - Maxwell, when examining jerky.

Theory: Maxwell sharpened his teeth in order to be able to eat jerky better.

• Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

12 minutes ago, marshyds said:

you go ahead and add that to your headcanons, my dude. X) 

have any input on the whole "demon" thing, though?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CatDrKahl said:

have any input on the whole "demon" thing, though?

Personally, i believe only his mind sustained damage from the nightmare throne.

I think it would be cooler if the change in him was mental, instead of physical.

The dude spent who knows how long sitting in one place, in a dark void, with no escape. He probably went mad and gained sobriety over and over again.

He has all the knowledge in the world, but at what cost? Well, his humanity.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, marshyds said:

Personally, i believe only his mind sustained damage from the nightmare throne.

I think it would be cooler if the change in him was mental, instead of physical.

The dude spent who knows how long sitting in one place, in a dark void, with no escape. He probably went mad and gained sobriety over and over again.

He has all the knowledge in the world, but at what cost? Well, his humanity.

you go ahead and put that in your headcanons, dude. There are canon drawings of Maxwell with very clear sharp teeth though, and this big question of mine is looking for some big confirmation. (man, I wish a dev would come by)

17 minutes ago, CatDrKahl said:

canon drawings of Maxwell with very clear sharp teeth though,

Are skins even canon in lore? Are there unique examines for skins or something?

2 minutes ago, marshyds said:

Are skins even canon in lore? Are there unique examines for skins or something?

that I do not know, but I do know that they are not fanmade drawings. 

4 hours ago, marshyds said:

You have found the answer to the entire dst lore

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CatDrKahl said:

you go ahead and put that in your headcanons, dude. There are canon drawings of Maxwell with very clear sharp teeth though, and this big question of mine is looking for some big confirmation. (man, I wish a dev would come by)

The fuel changes things that overuse it, he's on the throne. I don't think it's very complicated, maxwell has been very much exposed to possibly (at the time) the most powerful artifact (throne) linking to the shadows. 

• Thanks 2

do you lot think Nome would respond if someone here called him over? more importantly, would he give a clear answer? he's a lil silly like that, he doesn't give clear answers sometimes.