Since Wormwood gets brambleshade armor, Can Wigfrid get Commander's Bramble Helm?

There's no utility for Commander's helm in the endgame. Even in instances where reduced knockdowns are a threat, it's still such a niche that can be managed by almost anyone who can get to that point in the game.

What needs to be established is that any player who is able to reach such a point in the game where they have defeated crab king and celestial champion, such a player can adapt to knockdown attacks without any knockdown resistances. I don't think it's worth it in the end to invest into commander helm. I just think it looks nice and sets wigfrid apart.

image.png.8ac231a4de69d0e06e5145a31deeee5a.png

With brambleshade armor, it functions exactly like brightshade armor on anyone except wormwood and that's fine. If brambleshade armor became a direct upgrade that is repairable, then why not just transform every brightshade armor to brambleshade at that point?

I think commander bramble should only have skills applicable to wigfrid's corresponding perks unlocked. Like, the combined brightshade helm and commander would have all the usual perks on a non perked wigfrid with the combination of brightshade and commander like immunity to sandstorms and moonstorms, but the perks can compound and apply the buffs to the combined helm accordingly.

image.png.c12d5d2c804847a4500f5fa8d9e2dd39.png

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

I'm not against the whole idea of giving her a more expensive upgraded version of the commander's helm but I don't think merging it with brightshade husks fits her thematically at all. It only fits Wormwood because he is a plant from the moon and brightshades are plants possessed by the moon. Also brightshade helmet is already quite strong on its own, don't you think? 

Another thing to consider is that commander's helm is pretty good for how cheap it is and it really shines early game, allowing you to save on resources and recharge it instead of burning through your gold and rock supplies by crafting battle helmets repeatedly. Before you get the spear it's easy to passively recharge the helm on things like nightmares, werepigs, catcoons, hounds, spiders (last two considering you kite instead of tanking). I did a few runs with Wigfrid recently, there are other occasional encounters that work if you dodge them: beefalo, uncharged volt goats (especially at night when you can land a lot of free hits on them while they sleep), cookie cutters, mushgnomes, and easy to kite bosses like Moose Goose, Deerclops and AG. After unlocking the spear killer bees and spiders allow you to recharge both spear and helmet with little to no effort by dashing through them. 

But once you have beaten CC as Wigfrid there is no other head gear that fits her better than CC crown just for all additional dps it provides. Considering this I opt for carrying different body armors on her depending on what I'm fighting. And I still carry commander's helm on me as a backup for daily combat like hound arracks or in case I run out of body armor, and it's fun to use against knockback attacks although is not necessary to succeed in fights that have them. 

• Thanks 1