No reason to go to shadow riffs at all. (Ink blights give everything you need from it already)

Only thing they give is pure horror.

But, the ink blights give you all the pure horror that you need for void gear and stuff. There is no reason to go out of your way and navigate the caves to get to it.

There is one reason, being using Wilson to make dreadstone for pillars, but that is too niche (and character exclusive, at least Wilson has something cool) and it needs to be expanded upon. 

It is sad because the riff is so cool.

• Like 2

No there's plenty of reason! I love farming out stacks of pure horror which completely replace regular nm fuel as my fuel source for things like magiluminesences, lazy foragers and alarming clocks. The shadeling buggers drop lots of it!.

• Like 13

Repair kits cost 1 pure horror and 1 tatter. You will always break even.

11 minutes ago, Hornete said:

No there's plenty of reason! I love farming out stacks of pure horror which completely replace regular nm fuel as my fuel source for things like magiluminesences, lazy foragers and alarming clocks. The shadeling buggers drop lots of it!.

Niche but it still needs much more.

• Like 3

I actually look after farming pure horror because i like to set a chest, a lazy forager and 1/2 stack or an entire stack of pure horror to refuel the forager. Is way better at refueling which is confortable because you dont need to manage several stacks of nightmere fuel.

Fighting the horror parasites is fun, i wish they fix their jump not dealing damage 

They should increase their spawn rate and it so there are always enemies arround.  Is boring going to farm pure horror and needing to wait for them to spawn 

That doesnt mean they shouldnt add more creatures to thr rifts (having just 1 enemy gets stale) or more uses to their materials

Edited by arubaro
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Repair kits cost 1 pure horror and 1 tatter. You will always break even

you get 8-11 tatters and 4-7 pure horror from killing all ink blights, so you need to get 1-7 more pure horror from the rift to have no leftover tatters 

3 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Fighting the horror parasites is fun, i wish they fix their jump not dealing damage 

Ah. I had been wondering why I never took damage from this attack  : (  The poor things.

But yes since Pure Horror is also a fuel on top of a crafting / repair material you can be much more incited to go to the rifts than only walking away with what the Inkblights give you, both locations are very cool.

But hey yeah I suppose they can add something extra to these rifts if done right. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ADM said:

Ah. I had been wondering why I never took damage from this attack  : (  The poor things.

I reported it but seems like they didn't fixed yet :(

Generally I agree.  The trio give you more tatters than pure horror, which can be a blocker when you're first crafting and need multiple of each BUT once you're just doing repair kits the trio is plenty to keep you going.

Day to day I'm mostly using BS gear though.  BS mats are super plentiful, and for smaller fights like hounds, tall birds, etc the extended play of the reaper isn't warranted.  I mostly take shadow gear into boss battles like CK, CC, zombie bosses, etc where the stacking damage and shadow type can be more useful.  Since I don't use it as much, the upkeep is basically checking in the caves every so often to clear the trio and come back up.

I've also found the shadow portals are a bit unreliable.  Sometimes I go there and I only get 1 shadeling which makes the trip kinda worthless lol.  Othertimes I've gone and had like 6 or 8 of them...  idk why exactly b/c I think both times the portal was at a high stage.  idk...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, grm9 said:

you get 8-11 tatters and 4-7 pure horror from killing all ink blights, so you need to get 1-7 more pure horror from the rift to have no leftover tatters 

You alwqus get 9 tatters.

But when you need more, just like more ink blights to get more tatters and fuel. You get alll you need.

3 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

When i fight them, i always get 9

that's a bad reason to conclude that that's the only thing that can happen, same in comparison to saying that shadow manip setpiece doesn't exist because you haven't seen it