Suggestion: Nerf Scrap Werepig's Charge Attack

After ~5 hours of practice, I found it impossible to dodge its charge attack(shoulder armor) without a speed boost if there happens to be no structures between the player and Werepig to block him. And there's a minor chance to dodge it with a walking cane.

His charge attack needs a tweak to prevent players from taking this un-dodgable damage from time to time.

Edited by Fufuji

you can just walk around the junk pile that it spawned out of/fences, they don't get broken after it rams into them

Edited by grm9
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, grm9 said:

you can just walk around the junk pile that it spawned out of/fences, they don't get broken after it rams into them

I think that should be changed.  Is beyond dumb to have bosses being easily countered by their own structures like how klaus was cheesed with his own sack 

Make it breakable and respawns after X days

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, arubaro said:

I think that should be changed.  Is beyond dumb to have bosses being easily countered by their own structures like how klaus was cheesed with his own sack 

Make it breakable and respawns after X days

then the attack will need to be entirely changed or now you'll just need to run away once in a while to make it throw junk for it to ram into

• Like 1

I might be very experienced but back to back this is the easiest boss to have ever existed from the Don't Starve franchise. Maybe the only thing that can make it a little more dangerous than a Deerclops can be the tankiness of it, 10k HP isn't nothing but his bat / bash attack are unfashionably easy to avoid...

For the bat, if you don't wish to be very precise with your timing you can run away slightly ahead of time after ~5 hits or before he finish his weapon pick up animation and he will easily catch up on you but miss, guaranteed. Do that 3 times and the weapon is out. For the bash, just stick around the junk pile and attack back when he bounce, nothing wrong can happen. There is no speed item to have for this fight, it might even be better to have none.

Edited by ADM
Finish, not fishing
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

the lazer one is really hard to dodge (and is technically charged up)

just keep walking away until the blast happens 

Adapt, React, Readapt, Act

Why I don't think any of the fight should be nerfed is because there is more than just combat to kill bosses. 

I say do anything else. Spawn the twins, try some treeguard roulette, anything else that isn't fighting. It's one of these things I believe you'll only get better at, especially in this update.

I've died in the fight to the pig, and I've also struggled with the charge attack too. It's a hell of an attack. But I do believe there are measures against him..

• Like 1