Followers are boring

Pigmen are fine followers, but i dislike how similar a lot of mobs are to them. This is an especially big issue with Wurt, who's entire gimmick revolves around followers.

Merms are reskinned pigmen with slightly different mechanics and better stats.

Guard merms are merms with better stats and with no fear, who are also awful when the Merm king's tummy isin't full of stone fruit.

Bunnymen are pigmen that kick your teeth out if you have meat, have less health, retreat at low health and don't do the ridiculous kiting pattern.

Will there ever be a follower update that makes merms or bunnymen more interesting? (I.e let merms swim, add projectile throwing followers or maybe new attack patterns like an earthquake.)

I guess spiders also kinda count toward this, with how a lot of them are reskins with similar mechanics. (Though some have unique attacks, like shattered spiders.)

Edited by marshyds
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

As someone who plays a lot as Wurt there are a few key differences between them and Pigmen, the first and probably most noteable difference is that Merms can break rocks, Pigmen can not unless that was changed in an update and I’m unaware of it.

I actually naturally figured the reason WHY Wurt couldn’t exchange gold with pig king was because the game was trying to indirectly teach me to build up a “Merm Kingdom” and have my loyal followers get the gold for me.

Another difference is that Merms will drop a pet fish when they die, Wurt holding one of these things while wearing a top hat means her sanity can’t drain even in constant darkness.. and the fish these Merm followers carry stay fresh/renew themselves.

They aren’t massively complex changes like what your asking for here, but they are small little differences that make Merms & Pigmen not the same thing.

• Health 1

10 hours ago, marshyds said:

Bunnymen are pigmen that kick your teeth out if you have meat, have less health and no fear (budget guard merms.)

Last time I checked bunnymen are not fearless. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, mykenception said:

let me make my very own crew of pigmen for sailing, pls klei

I would love a follower update.

Sailing pigmen with a Captain mechanic.

Merms that swim with you and help you sail.

Strider spiders that creates silk sails to help navigate.

Pigmen helping you lift statues, altar pieces and marble pieces.

3 spiders that can carry statues too.

Honestly, I would love if they made a follower update alongside webber and wurt skilltrees. We could get a way to use the mouse to control them. A way to direct agro and retrieve. 

Edited by Swiyss
  • Like 4
  • Big Ups 1

10 hours ago, Swiyss said:

Honestly, I would love if they made a follower update alongside webber and wurt skilltrees. We could get a way to use the mouse to control them. A way to direct agro and retrieve. 

Yeah. I would be fine with temporarly putting riff content aside for this. One big follower update featuring webber and wurt skilltrees. They can add the swamp mud from the valentimes trailor too.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2024 at 12:23 PM, Jakepeng99 said:

Bunnymen can farm carrots.

Do you mean I can kill Bunnymen to collect carrots? Or that Bunnymen cultivate crops to produce carrots?

If it is the latter, I think the OP is looking for more interactions with living followers and not dead ones.