What Would be updated in regard to Pigmen and Bunnymen in a follower update?

I like @Jakepeng99 's idea of being able to throw spiders as an attack.

and us Wurt fans want a Mermlet (Hamlet style society, BUT MERMS)

but I don't see any ideas for Pigmen/Bunnymen.

so uh, How Would/Could they be updated.

21 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

This is a character specific one But maybe Max can turn a regular rabbit or beardling into a follower beardlord or bunnymen at the cost of some NF.

But we do have enough follower focused characters so... yeah...

Doesn't have to really be character specific, just some simple changes to make sure that spider/merms don't become too overly oppressive or whatever.

I was kinda expecting the exact opposite of a “follower update”

Now that the late game is all about Moonstorms, Wild Rifts, and Lunar Hail falling out the sky I was hoping that Pigmen would become hostile Werepigs or something much more often.

As far as what I’d like to be able to do with them Follower wise, I’d love it if they all got something similar to Minecraft villagers update where they got different art designs and had different tasks in the game (gardening, defending, etc)

But I TOTALLY want the “late-game” to flip the roles in reverse and what was once an easy to trade with reliable way to get resources, now becomes an angry hostile mob you can no longer trade with at all for the duration of the game.

”Flip the Script”

• Like 1

Them growing in personality and some kinda profession you can get them into. Farming, cooking or fighting. Something simple enough but would bring small level of automation maybe if you train them like beefalos kinda. With or without the riding part.

• Like 2

The closest thing I'd want to a follower update would be some kind of dynamic events. 

You got pigmen, merms, spiders, and hounds. It would be nice to see them interact with the world and the world interact with them. 

A true overhaul would be giving them some kind of dedicated jobs/tasks, but I think that's too involved and not realistic. 

The most realistic change I could see would be some kind of upgraded buildings/units. Potentially having something that you have to manually make spawn and won't randomly just spawn on its own (ie having to spend 10 meat and 2 pigskin to summon a new pig guard from a new building) 

Edited by Kwaik

I would like followers to be able to help you sail. Let them row your boat if given an oar (they will use it to avoid crashing the boat, or help you when you are already rowing), let them raise/lower the anchor when you start/stop steering.

I also think it'd be good if there was more dynamic behaviour. Let them harvest plants and crops in their surroundings. Make pigmen occasionally chop down trees near them. Make them occasionally give offerings to the pig king.

I'd also like to see minecraft-style bartering where you hand them gold nuggets and they give you random junk like flint, rocks, berry bushes, grass, twigs etc.