I see alot of complaint threads on this forum and I myself have made alot of them regarding klei pub servers and what I can tell you is the devs simply don't care whether you like or dislike the game. To them this is a job, they do not care how passionately you feel about this game. They are going to push their plans and updates with or without your feedback. You can cry about unfinished updates, skilltrees, the ocean, they are going to keep trucking along with whatever they got planned.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 1

4 minutes ago, nimzowitsch10 said:

I see alot of complaint threads on this forum and I myself have made alot of them regarding klei pub servers and what I can tell you is the devs simply don't care whether you like or dislike the game. To them this is a job, they do not care how passionately you feel about this game. They are going to push their plans and updates with or without your feedback. You can cry about unfinished updates, skilltrees, the ocean, they are going to keep trucking along with whatever they got planned.

the thing is, developing a game is a job, and if you don't do it in a good way you are going to lose money.

so people complain to make the devs realize what's wrong and help them fix the problems.

A DEV MUST LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY, i don't mean every single thing, but listening to community's feedback is a big part of this job.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, nimzowitsch10 said:

Actually so far from what i've seen Klei usually listens to their communities feedback a lot, and this is not just for DST. In this new stream all of the QoL stuff was adressing peoples complaints on the forum. It's just that when they announce new features they get more "complaints" so it's like an endless cycle. If you ever played and been a part of Ark survival evolved community that's what not listening looks like, and those games are dying unlike DST. 

Just because people complain doesn't mean Klei doesn't care!

• Like 15

Complains are kinda endless and it's kinda normal. There's nothing wrong with the game nor that devs are working to push updates being the priority. Whoever is responsible over watching on keeping Klei servers alive probably isn't one person nor the big priority, I don't see what's the big deal here besides to downplay on devs that work fairly hard to keep the game alive overall.

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, nimzowitsch10 said:

No, they add a lot of things and fixed a lot of thing that I and others asked he. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

The number of players is only increasing over the years. The decisions that Klei has made are working very well.

Captura de tela 2024-03-03 163446.png

Klei may see that as low player numbers, but they should probably see the player count for Rocksteadys newest game: SS: Kill the Justice League.

Now that’s how you go from widely loved and on the map noticed & praised for the best super hero games ever created, to quickly killing your own creation & reputation.

Klei HASNT done that with DS & DST yet.. but it is a bit disheartening to me personally that a lot of what I enjoyed about solo DS & it’s two DLCs are almost if not, completely absent from DST.

With DS general map navigation itself was like a clever puzzle, you needed for example to visit a giant spider maze at a particular time of day to safely get past, or you needed to wear a gas mask to traverse a deadly biome that would constantly kill you if you walked through without it, or you needed to build a raft to cross a body of water to reach the bigger village on the other side where Wilba & her kingdom usually resides.

Etc.. Etc.. DST feels more like a boss rush simulator than what I enjoyed about DS.

Truth be told I should’ve thrown in the white towel a long time ago & surrendered to the Dont Starve franchise no longer even being remotely close to what I enjoyed anymore, but I’m hard headed & stubborn.

And a few simple difficulty settings, world generation changes & a few biome overhauls COULD fix every single problem I have with DST not being like DS.

And that’s pretty much the only reason I stick around on these forums anymore- clinging onto a tiny sliver of “hope” that the game/franchise i once loved dearly could still be redeemed.

Personally considering that “Klei” is no stranger to creating games under the RogueLite/Like gaming Genre (both Griftlands & RotWood are in this category) then I would personally love to see them create an optional game mode or maybe even a brand new Dont Starve game that actually played like a RogueLite/like.

And if Prey & TMNT:Shredders Revenge games that weren’t even RogueLite/Likes could get DLC game modes for Lite/Like gameplay- Then I’m all but certain KLEI of all game companies, could do it for DS/DST.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They care because, as you said, this game is their job so if they want to keep having food in their tables they cant lose players. Have we proof of they caring? Many, for example the following update with many QoL changes 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, nimzowitsch10 said:

have you seen the latest stream and how most of it is QoL fixes and such?

and yeah, pub servers are mostly chaotic, that's pretty much given because this is a sandbox game

people will host their own worlds and choose which player enters to avoid others from messing with them

pubs are usually free for all, sadly

also beta updates exists, it pretty much us a testing ground to garner feedback, idk how you came into the conclusion that they don't consider feedback

Edited by mykenception

mostly because they are looking for small suggestions, for example people said Bernie regen was underwhelming, and it got buffed a bit, maybe everyone on the forums should try lowering their standards and not just asking for ocean rework, biome rework ect

not even gonna go into how stupid remove skilltrees and remove planar suggestions are asking klei to just straight up remove what they already put time and effort into

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 3

1 hour ago, Retepeter said:

mostly because they are looking for small suggestions, for example people said Bernie regen was underwhelming, and it got buffed a bit, maybe everyone on the forums should try lowering their standards and not just asking for ocean rework, biome rework ect

not even gonna go into how stupid remove skilltrees and remove planar suggestions are asking klei to just straight up remove what they already put time and effort into

Now isn’t the time for Klei to be looking for small tweak suggestions, in the next I’d say few weeks or so Minecraft is going to get an actual Dedicated Hardcore Mode setting.

What this setting does is permanently locks the game to the Hardest difficulty, with no way of changing it, & with only one life, with no options of revival items, if your playing alone dying will result in you being thrown into spectator Mode, with the only options left is to delete the world or continue to spectate without being able to play or place things.

In Multiplayer- Players who “Die” will be banned from the Server and unable to rejoin it again.

The full details for this mode have yet to be revealed, but I’m going to assume you will no longer be able to “sleep” night away as well.

I feel deeply sad that Minecraft is going to be getting this kind of Mode before DST ever got it..

I personally would’ve loved to see a character elimination style mode where if you died as a certain character you were locked out of choosing them for the duration of that game worlds entire existence.

Kinda like the games Wilderness game mode where when you die you get to pick another character and respawn somewhere randomly in the world, when you exhausted your pool of characters, it would’ve meant game over.

To steal even more Ideas straight out of Minecraft, maybe it’s not a good thing that the player has an always on-screen hud icon to tell them the duration of the times of day? There has been very very few times where I’ve actually died in DST because I forgot a light source when the little day time hud thingy turned to the fully blue portion.

Yet in Minecraft, I find myself often ending up outside at night with the sun going down and monsters spawning because I had no way of gauging the Time left before Nightfall.

Thats another thing I should bring up, Minecraft spawns hostile mobs at dusk & nightfall, and if DST did more of that, maybe people wouldn’t be able to get so bored that they mega-base or rely to heavily on the rest of their game being boss fights.

Klei needs to actually be paying attention to things like Minecraft getting a Hardcore mode setting.

Because if they don’t Minecrafts about to become more survival game then DST ever intended to be..

And now we need to ask Klei what type of game are we even playing anymore? Is DST an Open world never ending sandbox? Or is it still the survival game it claims to be?

As much as I complain about 27,500 hp raid bosses, they are still very much do-able when the player has a huge amount of revival options at their disposal- Life Amulets, Meat Effigy’s, Resurrection Slabs, other players using an easy to craft telltale heart on them, Even Wanda just having free revives on a Cooldown timer…

And an actual “Hardcore” mode for DST should take a hint from the upcoming Minecraft update and remove all those reviving options or ban players from Re-entering hard mode worlds they’ve died in.

Its time for a massive foundational shaking Change, because I’m personally extremely hyped for “Hardcore” Minecraft, & can’t wait to play that.

Klei needs to catch the ball and run with it or else we’re about to see them fumble a touchdown.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Now isn’t the time for Klei to be looking for small tweak suggestions, in the next I’d say few weeks or so Minecraft is going to get an actual Dedicated Hardcore Mode setting.

What this setting does is permanently locks the game to the Hardest difficulty, with no way of changing it, & with only one life, with no options of revival items, if your playing alone dying will result in you being thrown into spectator Mode, with the only options left is to delete the world or continue to spectate without being able to play or place things.

In Multiplayer- Players who “Die” will be banned from the Server and unable to rejoin it again.

The full details for this mode have yet to be revealed, but I’m going to assume you will no longer be able to “sleep” night away as well.

I feel deeply sad that Minecraft is going to be getting this kind of Mode before DST ever got it..

I personally would’ve loved to see a character elimination style mode where if you died as a certain character you were locked out of choosing them for the duration of that game worlds entire existence.

Kinda like the games Wilderness game mode where when you die you get to pick another character and respawn somewhere randomly in the world, when you exhausted your pool of characters, it would’ve meant game over.

To steal even more Ideas straight out of Minecraft, maybe it’s not a good thing that the player has an always on-screen hud icon to tell them the duration of the times of day? There has been very very few times where I’ve actually died in DST because I forgot a light source when the little day time hud thingy turned to the fully blue portion.

Yet in Minecraft, I find myself often ending up outside at night with the sun going down and monsters spawning because I had no way of gauging the Time left before Nightfall.

Thats another thing I should bring up, Minecraft spawns hostile mobs at dusk & nightfall, and if DST did more of that, maybe people wouldn’t be able to get so bored that they mega-base or rely to heavily on the rest of their game being boss fights.

Klei needs to actually be paying attention to things like Minecraft getting a Hardcore mode setting.

Because if they don’t Minecrafts about to become more survival game then DST ever intended to be..

And now we need to ask Klei what type of game are we even playing anymore? Is DST an Open world never ending sandbox? Or is it still the survival game it claims to be?

As much as I complain about 27,500 hp raid bosses, they are still very much do-able when the player has a huge amount of revival options at their disposal- Life Amulets, Meat Effigy’s, Resurrection Slabs, other players using an easy to craft telltale heart on them, Even Wanda just having free revives on a Cooldown timer…

And an actual “Hardcore” mode for DST should take a hint from the upcoming Minecraft update and remove all those reviving options or ban players from Re-entering hard mode worlds they’ve died in.

Its time for a massive foundational shaking Change, because I’m personally extremely hyped for “Hardcore” Minecraft, & can’t wait to play that.

Klei needs to catch the ball and run with it or else we’re about to see them fumble a touchdown.

as you can see with all the updates, they're focusing on finishing their arc, and adding skill trees and polishing existing ones as well as a few qol content

if they hold those and attempt to focus their resources on a completely different subject then people would complain even more because the arc and other content get's even more delayed

I also don't thing they're trying to compete with other titles when it comes to updates and content

51 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

What this setting does is permanently locks the game to the Hardest difficulty, with no way of changing it, & with only one life, with no options of revival items, if your playing alone dying will result in you being thrown into spectator Mode, with the only options left is to delete the world or continue to spectate without being able to play or place things

it was like 4 years since i've last played it but i'm pretty sure this existed for ages at this point?

43 minutes ago, mykenception said:

as you can see with all the updates, they're focusing on finishing their arc, and adding skill trees and polishing existing ones as well as a few qol content

if they hold those and attempt to focus their resources on a completely different subject then people would complain even more because the arc and other content get's even more delayed

I also don't thing they're trying to compete with other titles when it comes to updates and content

Yeah see in my opinion they’re taking a game that should have a harder difficulty setting (no revival methods, food not being able to heal the player for absurd Hp amounts) and instead of cranking up the survival with a harder dedicated mode, they’re instead turning it even more casual and laid back with a Storage chest that holds 999 billion items in one storage slot.

At this point I fully expect the Backpack+Armor forum joke to become an actual thing.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

At this point I fully expect the Backpack+Armor forum joke to become an actual thing.

it's not a joke and some players are already expecting it to be added sooner or later because: 

roadmap3.png.286ed67200b9bf69796bd25252d24511.png

33 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

casual and laid back with a Storage chest that holds 999 billion items in one storage slot.

this example

how is having a structure that can store stacks of items with no limit affect the difficulty of the game?

people are already dropping things on the floor some are storing sensitive items on spare backpacks

the item hasn't even been fully released and we don't know what item it requires (but we know it's a late game item), it's already under such scrutiny 

what even is this 

Edited by mykenception
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah see in my opinion they’re taking a game that should have a harder difficulty setting (no revival methods, food not being able to heal the player for absurd Hp amounts) and instead of cranking up the survival with a harder dedicated mode, they’re instead turning it even more casual and laid back with a Storage chest that holds 999 billion items in one storage slot.

A storage chest so op that mostlikely is behind one of that bosses you complain for being to difficult...

But yeah,  having a chest with a stack of 10000 rot and 3000 sandy turf at the cost of killing the harder enemies in the game is breaking the survival aspect of the game

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

they’re instead turning it even more casual and laid back with a Storage chest that holds 999 billion items in one storage slot

is getting a lot of chests hard for you? Even if it is, chests are inferior to putting stuff on the ground

44 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah see in my opinion they’re taking a game that should have a harder difficulty setting (no revival methods, food not being able to heal the player for absurd Hp amounts)

that won't be hard because you can use beefalo to tank things or just dodge in most cases and most people that know how to play the game don't die because that's easily avoidable, these changes will only make the game harder for people that don't know how to play it

Edited by grm9

1 hour ago, grm9 said:

it was like 4 years since i've last played it but i'm pretty sure this existed for ages at this point?

There are two versions of Minecraft. Java has hardcore, Bedrock doesn't.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grm9 said:

is getting a lot of chests hard for you? Even if it is, chests are inferior to putting stuff on the ground

that won't be hard because you can use beefalo to tank things or just dodge in most cases and most people that know how to play the game don't die because that's easily avoidable, these changes will only make the game harder for people that don't know how to play it

Personally I think that’s more of an issue with you probably being too good at the game. And in that case: There isn’t much “New” that Klei can add that challenges you.

Look at Klei’s previous update concepts- they wanted to add boulders to shadow rifts, and lunar hail that damaged and killed off mobs- the problem is your so far advanced into your game, you’ll only ever see these as Unfair, Unavoidable trolling mechanics.

But for someone who maybe ISNT as skilled as you, it would’ve done things such as kill off their reliance on grass tufts from the small geckos.

I ain’t about to sit here and argue with y’all over what will & wont make the game harder- Cause YALL can’t even seem to make up your minds what you want that would do that, me trying to argue any different point of view would just be wasted words at this point.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mykenception said:

If i knew what this arc was, i feel like the game was not ready for a new content arc when so many things like the ocean, caves, or ruins from years ago still need looked over.

Me and many others were bamboozled, thinking "core game enchancement" updates were going to be finally answering the prayers of many and looking back on these features. I was extremely excited, i felt like this year was going to fix my, and many others gripes with current dst. Though i think skill trees are alright, they are not as needed as another few years of character updates.

The riff content is nice, but idk there are some weird things.

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 1
  • Shopcat 3

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Personally I think that’s more of an issue with you probably being too good at the game. And in that case: There isn’t much “New” that Klei can add that challenges you.

eh? I thought this new hardcore thing will be able to grant players a harder experience of the game. And when some says this isn't hard enough, you resort to "that's just your personal problem"?

though, why would a new or less skilled player decide that they wanna up the difficulty even more? 

in your case, a player as old as time itself and has amassed vast amounts if of skill and experience from DS and DST, would this be actually a sufficient challenge or was my expectations wrong and you still die to hounds and deerclops?

18 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

that is already in minecraft java and it doesn't make the game any harder, you just play very slightly more careful, trust me it will not take away traffic from dst

also this is in dst, the setting for how much time the world takes to reset can be turned to instant, which makes it reset instantly

it is still and it will always be useless to asks the devs to just add a whole new gamemode, please everyone lower your expectations

Klei absolutely listens to people who reasonably argue their points, offer alternatives to what they take issue with or solutions to problems they perceive, and generally give constructive criticism that takes into account a variety of factors and viewpoints. We've seen them take user suggestions and ideas and implement them in the past - there's a long history of them doing that since even the early days of the Don't Starve beta, and people have compared some recently-implemented features to things seen in mods. 

What I imagine they don't put much stock in are all of the "oh my god this all sux I hate u klei!1! game 2 ez after I play it for 2400 hours, stop doing QoL!!" threads that we get constantly, since those don't actually have any value and are just people complaining about something that can't even be fixed (learning a game making it easier) and being unnecessarily angry in the title as a form of clickbait, or the "think of the children"-style posts demanding that they start banning everyone who says something mean in a server name.

There's reasonable suggestions like "maybe the upcoming feature where rot washes away in rain should be toggleable in the world creation menu so that Wormwood players don't miss out on free healing", but then there's unreasonable suggestions like expecting Klei to develop some kind of revolutionary automatic moderation tool that'd ban players for griefing with no false positives (as if there's some way to distinguish between hammering an alchemy engine to replace it with a bookcase vs hammering an alchemy engine to grief). 

• Like 5
  • Big Ups 1