Let follower lightbugs fly over the cave void

They used to be able to! It was patched out! 
I'm still not sure why they won't let flying mobs fly over the void.
I guess loot is an issue but sometimes in normal gameplay it falls over the edge anyways. 

• Sad Dupe 1

2 hours ago, -Variant said:

I guess loot is an issue

shouldn't be since losing 1 lightbulb isn't a big issue when in caves, maybe they want void to work like invisible cave walls

Edited by grm9

3 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

So can backpacks

2 hours ago, grm9 said:

shouldn't be since losing 1 lightbulb isn't a big issue when in caves, maybe they want void to work like invisible cave walls

Yeah, that's why I'm for bringing it back. I'd vastly enjoy flying mobs to be able to fly over the void.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, -Variant said:

Because they treat the void as rock cave walls except for lazy explorer, bishops, loot falling... i guess is a huge work but if they are doing it to the point of even designing the map (bridges are actually tunnels) they should add walls. They can so non intrusive walls (i know they discarted the idea of walls back in the cave beta for ds)  with the transparency technology they used for new stuff like the canopy trees

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, -Variant said:

They used to be able to! It was patched out! 
I guess loot is an issue but sometimes in normal gameplay it falls over the edge anyways. 

The only flying mob in cave is the lightbug and batalisk which have common loot so kinda weird

3 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

No, its a void. They removed cave walls ages ago.

Watch forgotten knowledge trailer and Maxwell's refresh cinematic 

There is no void,  is a regular cave and for that the map has that shape. You have tunnels and galleries 

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2024 at 6:11 PM, Cassielu said:

It is a cave wall not void, and passing through it should not be a function

Fun thing: if you're being chased by a Terrorbeak and you Void-walk, it morphs into a Terrorclaw over the Abyss - is hard to see, but evident at the separation margin. Hence I believe Void has some Ocean component, programming-wise. Don't know if this was introduced with the new Forest Shard Sea mechanics or is a more recent change, perhaps foreshadowing global modifications to Cave Shard Abyss too (Sunken Dark Sea?).

1 minute ago, MondayNight said:

Hence I believe Void has some Ocean component

If you go to the void and spawn a boat you can row it this was there when the ocean came out

Edited by gamehun20
  • Sanity 1

On 3/2/2024 at 7:11 PM, Cassielu said:

It is a cave wall not void, and passing through it should not be a function

imho, it shouldn't get in the way of basic convenience and QoL features like these 

Frankly, I don't think it really matters that in the lore/canon caves have walls, since in the actual game, it appears as void and, somewhat consistently, functions as such(Wigfrid can dash through it with her spear, both players and mobs can use ranged attacks to shoot through, etc).

But regardless, it's just inconvenient as it is right now, so either light bugs need to fly over the void, or have better AI to compensate for their inability to do so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, skile said:

Frankly, I don't think it really matters that in the lore/canon caves have walls, since in the actual game, it appears as void and, somewhat consistently, functions as such(Wigfrid can dash through it with her spear, both players and mobs can use ranged attacks to shoot through, etc).

I know, so a real Qol for me should be stop them all from through the void.

50 minutes ago, grm9 said:

tbf she can dash through walls too

Fair enough. 

1 hour ago, Cassielu said:

I know, so a real Qol for me should be stop them all from through the void.

To each their own, I suppose. 

15 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

If you go to the void and spawn a boat you can row it this was there when the ocean came out

Items that fall into the void also make a "splash" before being gone forever!