Lunar Siphonator, a suggestion.

Speaking with many friends I have found that they share my opinion that the Lunar Siphonator quest needs to be made easier.

Helping Wagstaff 3 times to kill 1 Celestial Champion is cool, but 3 times when you intend to kill him 100 times to build your megabase becomes extremely tiring and repetitive.

If we want to kill 100 Celestials we would need to do the Wagstaff quest 300 times, which is very repetitive and destroys our base with Moonstorms.

I know we can protect our base in the caves, oasis desert and islands, but when we want to make a megabase this is not always enough.

Here are some suggestions to protect our bases and put an end to the tedious repetition of Wagstaff's quest:

1 - Decrease the amount of Restrained Statics from 3 to 1.
2 - Allow Restrained Static to be reused after we kill the Celestial Champion. Just like we can reuse the fossils after killing the Ancient Fuelweaver.
3 - Add an electrical charge to the Restrained Static so that it can only be reused if it is properly recharged with electricity that we could obtain from lightning or being attacked by electric goats (The End is Nigh! would gain another use.).

If we don't need to farm Restrained Statics so many times, the end game (mega base) will become more fun and less repetitive, as there is no challenge in redoing Wagstaff's quest so many times, it's just repetitive.

We will still have to farm Moongleams and Infused Shards in Moonstorm, but this time we can move the storm to the biome we want to protect our bases (The Wagstaff quest is what changes Moonstorms biome when it is completed.).

If you don't do mebabase this won't affect you, but if you do it will make the game much more enjoyable and less repetitive.

Other thing I will add is be able to increase the quantity of Moongleans and Infused Moon Shards in game configs. 

Thank you for your attention =)

Edited by Habakkuk
  • Like 9
  • Health 1

Brightshade staff already negate the birds completely with a single cast. Brightshade helm protects against moonstorms without using durability, has armor and buffs the staff.

But I can do better, I can give you an example.

After acquiring bs gear and killing the celestial champion once, me and my friend were planning to farm enlightened shards, and with a magi + bs gear, we did the 18 statics we needed AND collected all moongleams and infused shards (with the help of our lovely chilled chester) in 6 days.

Let's say that solo you can do it in 12 days. That is 36 enlightened shards, enough to light up a whole large world biome.

Play some music and enjoy the grind I say. You'll eventually memorize all of his tools and do it faster everytime.

2 hours ago, Habakkuk said:

Allow Restrained Static to be reused after we kill the Celestial Champion. Just like we can reuse the fossils after killing the Ancient Fuelweaver

This doesn't make sense since we use the energy to power up wagstaff machine itself.

2 hours ago, Habakkuk said:

Add an electrical charge to the Restrained Static so that it can only be reused if it is properly recharged with electricity that we could obtain from lightning or being attacked by electric goats (The End is Nigh! would gain another use.).

Wx78 quote is "this energy is not compatible with my models". Volt goat and static energy is not the same energy. Also, the only person able to contain this energy is wagstaff himself in the moonstorms with his tools, making us able to do it would defeat the whole purpose of the in-game added lore minigame.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

Brightshade staff already negate the birds completely with a single cast. Brightshade helm protects against moonstorms without using durability, has armor and buffs the staff.

But I can do better, I can give you an example.

After acquiring bs gear and killing the celestial champion once, me and my friend were planning to farm enlightened shards, and with a magi + bs gear, we did the 18 statics we needed AND collected all moongleams and infused shards (with the help of our lovely chilled chester) in 6 days.

Let's say that solo you can do it in 12 days. That is 36 enlightened shards, enough to light up a whole large world biome.

Play some music and enjoy the grind I say. You'll eventually memorize all of his tools and do it faster everytime.

I do all of it my friend. And it still repetitive and the moonstorm keep destroying bases. 

7 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

This doesn't make sense since we use the energy to power up wagstaff machine itself.

7 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

Wx78 quote is "this energy is not compatible with my models". Volt goat and static energy is not the same energy. Also, the only person able to contain this energy is wagstaff himself in the moonstorms with his tools, making us able to do it would defeat the whole purpose of the in-game added lore minigame.

We could recharge the Restrained Static with Infused Moon Shards, the Restrained Static could drop without charge after killing the Celestial Champion. 

“The energy seems unstable, I'll have to be quick to put it to any use.”
–Wickerbottom about the Infused Moon Shards

• Like 2

Just now, Habakkuk said:

I do all of it my friend. And it still repetitive and the moonstorm keep destroying bases. 

True, it kept destroying my base too. So in my next worlds, I only started building in large areas after opening rifts.

I think a good QoL to the moonstorms would be making a way to amass infused moon shards by forcing lunar hail in the lunar island. Or adding a craft process for infused shard in the island.

For moongleams I would love a portable machine (that moves like the digamajig, I love janky animations) that collects moongleams automatically. It would look like a giant glass bubble with a rabbit running on a treadmill and a hole on top, and a fake hand with a bug net swiping and collecting them.

Like that mickey mouse glove hand.

12 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

We could recharge the Restrained Static with Infused Moon Shards, the Restrained Static could drop without charge after killing the Celestial Champion. 

“The energy seems unstable, I'll have to be quick to put it to any use.”
–Wickerbottom about the Infused Moon Shards

That's doable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

True, it kept destroying my base too. So in my next worlds, I only started building in large areas after opening rifts.

I think a good QoL to the moonstorms would be making a way to amass infused moon shards by forcing lunar hail in the lunar island. Or adding a craft process for infused shard in the island.

For moongleams I would love a portable machine (that moves like the digamajig, I love janky animations) that collects moongleams automatically. It would look like a giant glass bubble with a rabbit running on a treadmill and a hole on top, and a fake hand with a bug net swiping and collecting them.

Other thing I will add is be able to increase the quantity of moongleans and Infused Moon Shards in game configs. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Castiliano said:

This is the worst thing in the game right now and the worst thing that has happened since the disease system

moonstorming 3 times every time even after killing the Celestial Champion is completely... :wilson_enraged:

:arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow:image.png.b40c0e379a85b764c3d62648cab2e5c8.pngAre you sure about that?  

• Haha 1
  • GL Happy 1

Moonstorms are pretty repetitive when you try doing them. I feel like they should at LEAST speed up more the more you do them and Wagstaff would get the hang of the nonsense he's up to to get faster at it. Repetition makes you faster and all that, I guess. Maybe more aggressive bird attacks and faster spawnrates in some capacity to balance, but anything to reduce time waste.

The items have expiration dates, they are heavy on the inventory. It's all a bit oof when you do longterm world when doing decorating. Survival wise yea... Those shards are pretty strong as it's infinite light, but if we compare to what we used as infinite light before like lantern glitch and lamp posts from singleplayer you realize how insignificant the effort there is compared to DST's grindy nature of many things. And I enjoy the grind in DST, but not all of it all the time.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Those shards are pretty strong as it's infinite light, but if we compare to what we used as infinite light before like lantern glitch and lamp posts from singleplayer you realize how insignificant the effort there is compared to DST's grindy nature of many things. And I enjoy the grind in DST, but not all of it all the time.

I agree, a lot of things were faster in DS than in DST.

Another option would be to add the Siphonator as boss loot to a later lunar boss.

For example a new version of the Shadow Pieces could be the lunar Light Pieces. The upgrade mechanic is the same. You get one Siphonator for each piece and maybe different loot for the different T3 pieces.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, goblinball said:

Your wish has been granted! 
in the stream it was revealed that the lunar siphonator will only cost 1 restrained static instead of 3. 

I saw that, I am so happy! And most people is happy too =D :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

:love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:THANK YOU KLEI!! I LOVE YOUUU =D :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

• Like 1
  • Health 2
  • Big Ups 2

Such a coincidence, I was shocked. Apparently the 3 restrained statics wasn't their full intention in the first place. Or was it, but they decided to change it based on how long it takes to get them.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

Such a coincidence, I was shocked. Apparently the 3 restrained statics wasn't their full intention in the first place. Or was it, but they decided to change it based on how long it takes to get them.

It used to take so much time to farm enough to build a mega base that most people just give up their worlds because of that.  

• Sad 1