Do Wilson's transmutations need improved?

9 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

IDK why ya'll are complaining about the transmutes, instead of the fact that twelve slots are being taken up for four actual traits on the beard and torch trees. Seriously, we don't need three tiers of insulation, beard growth, torch durability and radius. These could be turned into one skill each with T3's power and it wouldn't be even remotely OP.

Because the transmutes are the main good thing about Wilson and the main reason to play him, and they suck.

8 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Don't worry. After they finish with the skill trees, instead of actually updating the game, they'll start releasing the Skill Tree Refreshes, and then Wilson can get a better one. Then he'll get another chance at getting updated when they finish with those and start releasing Character Reworks (not to be confused with the earlier character refreshes), and another chance once they release a second set of skill trees that are equipped alongside the first skill trees. 

The sad thing is, this is true. Klei just keeps on doing this.

• Like 1
  • Health 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

On 2/25/2024 at 10:36 AM, Jakepeng99 said:

More good transmutations, like transmuting fish instead of just regular meat. Maybe turning 3 frog legs into 2 fish morsels could be interesting.

Then it would be possible to turn the paws into a live fish ;) Anyway, yes, I'm always in favor of improving Wilson.

• Like 2

I don't think he should get anything fancy as the other characters since he is the baseline for the game, but some of the perks are straight up trash like the torches or transforming 6 rots into 1 manure.

I can think of much more useful perks without being too useful or giving him uneven specialization (e.g: "analytic fighter":  every 5 consecutive hits on the same target within a time window= has 10% chance of doing 1 critical damage).

Edited by Dandefender

3 hours ago, Dandefender said:

I don't think he should get anything fancy as the other characters since he is the baseline for the game, but some of the perks are straight up trash like the torches or transforming 6 rots into 1 manure.

I can think of much more useful perks without being too useful or giving him uneven specialization (e.g: "analytic fighter":  every 5 consecutive hits on the same target= has 10% chance of doing critical damage once).

Even if im not a fan of his skill tree atleast the perks are waaaay more fitting than a critical strike(?)

• Like 1

Wilson Skill Tree update:

Deleted Wilson's skill tree to remove players' source of complaint.

We did it, folks. The problem is solved once and for all, world peace is achieved.

Edited by Pomato
  • Sad Dupe 1

17 hours ago, arubaro said:

Even if im not a fan of his skill tree atleast the perks are waaaay more fitting than a critical strike(?)

He's a scientist. An analytic guy, an observer, a thinker, a cold minded person. 

Fighting an enemy for some time can make him "realize a weak spot" and give him a window  to"go for the eye" or anything in those lines...

On 2/26/2024 at 11:01 AM, chirsg said:

Wilson would be Wigfrid's favorite survivor if he also had beefalo horns > voltgoat horns too.

Arent you forgetting a certain man of questionable frenchness?

I like the idea of Wilson being able to augment/manipulate the creatures of the constant. A throwable potion that makes animals hostile to anything around them would be a really fun tool to have I think. Catchable animals could be fed something that changes the way they behave when released, in the style of him experimenting on them (birds could reveal part of the map, attack other birds, frogs could explode on death, ect).

A little silly idea inspired by Wilson's fascinations with potions and the natural world.

Edited by W0l0l0
  • Like 3