How could the Batalisk biome be improved?

The Batalisk biome feels almost pointless. It is cool but there is little reason to go through it unless to get to point A to B. What ways could this biome be improved?

I had an idea myself. When thinking of ways to add value to the batalisk biome, i had an idea. What if you could ramsack batalisk dens (like catcoon dens) for loot?

The idea here is to add a reason for players to go through these dangerous biomes filled with bats and add more value to the caves. Here is an idea for a loot table which shows possible items they may drop:

▪Some Guano

▪Some Batalisk Wings

▪Nitre

▪Live batalisks as a surprise attack (uncommon)

▪Some monster meat (uncommon)

▪Red/blue/purple gem (rare)

▪Fossil (rare)

▪Bat bat (very rare)

They would refill every few days. In Hallowed Knights they could also drop ornaments and sometimes potions. Do you guys think this small change would be good?

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 1

Just now, grm9 said:

people would go there more often for bat wings for bat bats if it wouldn't have been much more convenient to just kill surface bats

People rarely make bat bats anyway. 

How come they deleted their comment?

Giant batsilisk boss fight - fixes the biome being kind of pointless AND gives us another caves boss. It could also get a super form with different drops post rifts since acid rain powers up batsilisks. Perhaps it could be vampire themed somehow, count batsilisk or something.

Considering Klei did something to the cave bats when cave rifts are open I kinda hope there is some follow up to that...

Like a bat boss, or key event like moon stone that works towards sealing the rifts.

1 hour ago, Masked Koopa said:

Giant batsilisk boss fight - fixes the biome being kind of pointless AND gives us another caves boss. It could also get a super form with different drops post rifts since acid rain powers up batsilisks. Perhaps it could be vampire themed somehow, count batsilisk or something.

I don't think this fixes much even though it can be awesome. There should be other cool perks to going in there to benifit you. 

59 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Guano farm, acid drips to make nitre guano formations.

Guano is kinda useless anyway. Normal manure is overall better because of obtainability and can be used in crafts like poop bucket.

添加新的蝙蝠技术,例如哈姆雷特的蝙蝠帽。

或者降低蝙蝠棒的成本并增强它们,毕竟食物已经完全击败了它们。当蝙蝠棒恢复健康时,它们需要消耗一半的理智并浪费输出机会,这也伴随着高昂的成本。

Edited by zhangsheng

Probably just redesigning the biome to look prettier would be nice, it doesn’t need new additions, but when you look at skins for things like the “Critter Den” you think to yourself- Damn DST would’ve looked prettier, if instead of this being a skin, they used these kind of arts to update the game world.

If they want to add new stuff I guess that’s fine too but honestly when you look at all the other biomes- (such as lunar grotto with Molebat) there’s really not a whole lot going on in those other biomes either.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Probably just redesigning the biome to look prettier would be nice, it doesn’t need new additions, but when you look at skins for things like the “Critter Den” you think to yourself- Damn DST would’ve looked prettier, if instead of this being a skin, they used these kind of arts to update the game world.

If they want to add new stuff I guess that’s fine too but honestly when you look at all the other biomes- (such as lunar grotto with Molebat) there’s really not a whole lot going on in those other biomes either.

The staircase skins too.