Celestial orb pool

Do you want this feature changed?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the celestial orb to be guaranteed instead of random?

• Yes. Just change the numbers so it spawns quicker.
    • Yes. Make an item in-game to "attract" the suspicious boulder
    • No. Leave it as it is.
    • No. But it could not be required in the lunar synphonator.
    • The orb should be at the mosaic as a setpiece on day 1.

12 minutes ago, The Starver said:

it should be guaranteed to spawn a lot earlier

it's never guaranteed to spawn atm, a moon boulder meteor automatically gets replaced by a celestial orb boulder meteor if it's day 60 or 2 or more moon boulder meteors previously spawned, but moon boulder meteors are never guaranteed to spawn

the devs already promised to make the celestial orb spawn with a guarantee iirc so it's unlikely that the poll will impact anything

14 minutes ago, The Starver said:

I think if not as a setpiece, it should be guaranteed to spawn a lot earlier.

What I meant by setpiece is just a guaranteed drop once a player arrives at location

they should just add a meteor staff like that one item one from shipwrecked somewhere on the ocean maybe after a boss or something and the first time you use it it spawns the celestial boulder

Maybe when 1st Moon Altar is placed (alternatively, when all 3 are assembled) it should trigger the Moon Orb meteor to land (spawn)? Or at least to substantially increase the chances for said spawn in next 10 days?

For some reason the orb is already there when I need it, but its probably because I take my sweet time completing the CC questline. It might as well be there from the start really.

I think the orb should spawn earlier/as a setpiece, but I also think that with that change the orb should only allow the celestial portal to be built after defeating CC. Ultimately I think the celestial portal is the reason the orb doesn't just spawn day 1.

13 hours ago, EATZYOWAFFLEZ said:

I think the orb should spawn earlier/as a setpiece, but I also think that with that change the orb should only allow the celestial portal to be built after defeating CC. Ultimately I think the celestial portal is the reason the orb doesn't just spawn day 1.

well you can get the celestial portal stuff with the lunar altars so nah

19 hours ago, Well-met said:

make it 100% on world load, but on the moon island.

wouldn't this make assembling the lunar altars for access to crafting kind of pointless since you could just mine the smooth boulder instead of assembling the altars (if you're rushing lunar for example)

Here is a semi related question: Is there a reason only one should exist in a world? Making it not a unique item would open up some interesting possibilities like taking one down with you into the caves or possibly using them for lighting decoration.

Archived