I'm very happy for you Klei <3

After being absent a lot in the community and lurking left and right through posts, I came back just to say,

Thank you Klei. Thank you very much.

Finally no more "every 3 months an update" or so scheme that is so spammed by every modern videogame. Don't get me wrong. I know it served a great purpose in 2019 to give a giant boost to the game after the "dark era" it had. It did help a lot dst in everything but all the community felt this was unnecessary in the long run. I remember reading posts pop-up about this and ranting/criticize it, starting from 2021. 

I welcomed it at 2019, I endure it 2020-2021, I started to hated 2022-2023. Don't Starve, especially, is not a game made to this marketing. A single change can destroy the landscape entirely. Absurdly even touching decorations things, of which happened literally 1 week ago....... and I don't even want to go to the developers/workers sanity and health territory......

I don't know what pushed you to do so or what change in mind and heart you had, but I'm very very happy for all of you at Klei and the game itself.:wilson_love:

This new year is already prospecting to be a good one for Dst! ......compared to the last one........ 

Yeah uhh.. I’m sorry but your post is very confusing to me.

you state that your happy Klei is ditching the every 2-3 month content update schedule. But yet Klei’s roadmap states we would get 4 major updates.. 

let’s do the maths!

IMG_6084.png.33137ade677619649a945fdec9b6d6c0.png

That’s still roughly 2-3 months apart to squeeze in 4 updates, right? (Idk.. I was never any good at maths) :wilson_facepalm:

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

you state that your happy Klei is ditching the every 2-3 month content update schedule. But yet Klei’s roadmap states we would get 4 major updates.. 

let’s do the maths!

That’s still roughly 2-3 months apart to squeeze in 4 updates, right? (Idk.. I was never any good at maths) :wilson_facepalm:

Ye, same. I am so confused about what Milordo is trying to say.

probably some updates will take more time than other. so no fixed date, so no more pressure when releasing updates cus people expecting oh next "Tuesday is the deadline for klei for drop the update" or something now they can cook the update when its done it will be delivered.

@Mike23Ua @Cr4zyFl4mes  Sorry guys, I'm stoopid. I didn't think through very much but my point was (and still stands) that from what Klei have said, they will take longer time to do and drop updates, which is a win win for everybody and also morally good for the game and developers. So I'm very happy for that. 

Also what @prettynuggets said.

7 hours ago, prettynuggets said:

probably some updates will take more time than other. so no fixed date, so no more pressure when releasing updates cus people expecting oh next "Tuesday is the deadline for klei for drop the update" or something now they can cook the update when its done it will be delivered.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the set release dates are because of Console gaming platforms.. I believe that Xbox Live only does game updates every Tuesday & Thursday.

Like for example the free Shadow the Hedgehog DLC skin for Sonic Superstars will release on February 15th, that’s a Thursday.

Same with upcoming Year of Dragonfly for DST, that’s on the 8th Also a Thursday.

But Klei shouldn’t put themselves on a self imposed Deadline to get the updates released: so if it’s not ready THIS Thursday, delay it a week patch it up as needed and shoot for next Thursday.

All I know is that they have a console build ready to go on X date, which is why sometimes when we get content updates they are earlier builds (such as not being up to date with patch changes)

Either way I hope Klei devs find a schedule that is both comfortable for the devs, and allows them not to be on a crunch time to get things done.

17 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

let’s do the maths!

The poop wall update alone would be considered a major update tbh, so i would say every 4 Months.

3 hours ago, The Starver said:

It doesn't really matter. I know a lot of English people say "maths," but that doesn't necessarily stand for the whole British Commonwealth.

Britain relates to Great Britain, which is a part of the United Kingdom. 

16 hours ago, The Starver said:

It doesn't really matter. I know a lot of English people say "maths," but that doesn't necessarily stand for the whole British Commonwealth.

The whole of Europe who speak English say "Maths".

Archived