Wondering that triangle button can change as keybind instead of inspecting? (Maybe like second right arrow for changing equipment) or any chance to set the keybind as we want on ps?

• Like 4

-.jpeg.3818176160d9ca6020155ba68892eb9b.jpeg

We can now bind our controller as we wish!! I have no idea why there is no mention for it on the patch note but hey, Klei did it.

And they even added 2 new controls!! We can now bind ZOOM IN or ZOOM OUT as we like :D. This is really awesome tbh.

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 2

The keybind update was probably one of, if the best thing for us console players.

But I did find an issue, I can't remap the 'share' key because if I try to assign it to a new action, when I press the button, the PS5 sharing comes up instead of mapping that key to my desired action.

@Mj- I see you used up and down for zoom, but what did you do with the drop item? Did you keep both on down d-pad and just place the cursor on an empty slot when you zoom in?

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your entire keybind? I always wondered how you can swap cane/weapon so fast while moving ..

Ps: You are my DST console hero and J love watching your streams on twitch:juggling:

Edited by lobomau71

3 hours ago, lobomau71 said:

@Mj- I see you used up and down for zoom, but what did you do with the drop item? Did you keep both on down d-pad and just place the cursor on an empty slot when you zoom in?

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your entire keybind? I always wondered how you can swap cane/weapon so fast while moving ..

Yep! I almost always have one empty slot available just for that.

Hmm to be honest I didn't change anything or play with the keybindings yet, all I did is assigned the new zoom thing to Up and Down.

And for the swap, I think it's my fps fingers :D. Joking aside, I have nothing changed to do that! And now with the new QoL update and the amazing change in how the swap works, I think it's easy to swap between items quickly.

3 hours ago, lobomau71 said:

Ps: You are my DST console hero and J love watching your streams on twitch

<3

Edited by Mj-
  • Thanks 1

And a Key to 'dont target walls instead of mobs, either aggressive or passive, doesn't matter !' I'd love to have this too8-)

And button combos would be nice too, would allow for a Attack & with combo would do Force attack.

Please Klei :cheerful:

Edited by lobomau71

• Developer

I'm glad you guys are finding the controller remapping useful, it took a lot of effort. I'll look at your feedback and see if I can improve things more going forward.

On 3/29/2024 at 3:44 PM, lobomau71 said:

But I did find an issue, I can't remap the 'share' key because if I try to assign it to a new action, when I press the button, the PS5 sharing comes up instead of mapping that key to my desired action.

Sony reserves the 'share' button for themselves, we can't use it so it isn't mappable.

On 3/30/2024 at 4:14 AM, lobomau71 said:

And button combos would be nice too, would allow for a Attack & with combo would do Force attack.

DST has a lot of different actions and they don't all fit on the limited buttons available on the controller. I agree that combos would be nice but it's not something the game supports at the moment. I'll see about adding them in the future.

• Like 3
  • Health 1

1 hour ago, CharlesB said:

I'm glad you guys are finding the controller remapping useful, it took a lot of effort. I'll look at your feedback and see if I can improve things more going forward.

Sony reserves the 'share' button for themselves, we can't use it so it isn't mappable.

DST has a lot of different actions and they don't all fit on the limited buttons available on the controller. I agree that combos would be nice but it's not something the game supports at the moment. I'll see about adding them in the future.

Thank you Charles, you are the answer to our many years of suffering and bitchin  about the controller, and yes, there still a lot of room to improve.

For example the new weather pain mechanic made very hard to take down structures (farming pure brilliance) because it insist on targeting the mobs, but I think I get that is the price of the better use with them on the hands when fighting fuelweaver.

The controller effectively has few buttons, without combos it will be impossible to achieve perfection, so keep please keep working on that.

How about using the dual sense pad top down movement? It would be useful to zoom in & out without sacrificing precious keys we need for other actions.

Once again, a huge thank you !

• Big Ups 1

23 hours ago, lobomau71 said:

How about using the dual sense pad top down movement? It would be useful to zoom in & out without sacrificing precious keys we need for other actions.

When i played DST on pc with controller i used L3 and R3, i think they aren't linked to any other action

On 4/3/2024 at 8:56 PM, Peyo33 said:

When i played DST on pc with controller i used L3 and R3, i think they aren't linked to any other action

I have mine mapped to zoom in/out, but I needed those keys for other actions and it's a pitty that we can't use key combos nor the touch pad nor controller movement.. We are left with a very little options for all the things we would like to do with DST on our consoles.

Edited by lobomau71