How does this twins Wickerbottom strat work?

there's no explanation in the video - bout sure how this works

I mean the tentacles are pretty straightforward - I've learned how to make tentacle traps well enough

But what I'm having trouble with is how they aren't using their charge/roll attack in the video? When I do it, they immediately roll towards me and destroy lots of tentacles 

Why did the one eyeball start inactive/neutral? Why did the first one in the tentacles not roll towards wicker?

After it died, what were they doing in their build menu? It looks like they looked at darts, but didn't actually have anything to craft one

Then they threw a dart to gain aggro - that makes sense, but why did it stop in its tracks in the tentacle zone? Why didn't it charge Wicker again? 

So basically, why did it work for them when it doesn't work for me?

Didn't they just use Sleepytime Bed Stories to force the eyes to sleep? That should cancel whatever they are doing and immediately lock them in the sleep animation.

Also, you can just let Klaus fight these guys over the course of two nights.

Ahhhh - of course! My phone screen was too small for me to really tell what books she was using - I assumed she was replacing destroyed tentacles

I considered the Klaus strategy, but wanted to leverage who I was playing 

Thanks for that puzzle piece, I'll have to give it a try!

8 hours ago, Ridley said:

Didn't they just use Sleepytime Bed Stories to force the eyes to sleep? That should cancel whatever they are doing and immediately lock them in the sleep animation.

Also, you can just let Klaus fight these guys over the course of two nights.

Sleepy time stories does not work on bosses, it would be a panflute

2 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Sleepy time stories does not work on bosses, it would be a panflute

It works the same as pan flute, prob the only difference is the time needed to cast.

1 hour ago, Chaghatai said:

I just tried it and it works fine on the twins 

Oh they changed it? Neat.

55 minutes ago, Spino43 said:

It works the same as pan flute, prob the only difference is the time needed to cast.

It has a larger range and makes enemies sleep for longer so it is a large overall upgrade.

7 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Nope.

As far as I know it has, but you may have encountered something like Dragonfly sleep getting interrupted by the hit state and not cancelling enraged or overapplied it on one of the bosses with sleep resistance and assumed it doesn't, when Pan Flute wouldn't work either.

On 1/28/2024 at 1:48 AM, Chaghatai said:

there's no explanation in the video - bout sure how this works

I mean the tentacles are pretty straightforward - I've learned how to make tentacle traps well enough

But what I'm having trouble with is how they aren't using their charge/roll attack in the video? When I do it, they immediately roll towards me and destroy lots of tentacles 

Why did the one eyeball start inactive/neutral? Why did the first one in the tentacles not roll towards wicker?

After it died, what were they doing in their build menu? It looks like they looked at darts, but didn't actually have anything to craft one

Then they threw a dart to gain aggro - that makes sense, but why did it stop in its tracks in the tentacle zone? Why didn't it charge Wicker again? 

So basically, why did it work for them when it doesn't work for me?

Sorry for the lack of explanation, I was thinking of the vid as more of a proof of concept.

The twins can be slept and won’t wake up when hit immediately like most mobs. You can sleep deerclops in the same manner to cancel attacks iirc, say with multiple hostile flares. Didn’t try it on new deerclops tho.

I was using creative mode in that vid, the dart was to draw aggro yes.

It can be dangerous and requires a bit of timing, especially after they changed book and flute animation cancels, but you can still animation cancel with examine (for the book you can’t quick cancel after cast but you can before the cast with examine).

These cancels are for if you mess up and try to sleep them in the few animations they have where it’s not possible, like the phase transition animation and the “roar”.

22 hours ago, Popian said:

As far as I know it has, but you may have encountered something like Dragonfly sleep getting interrupted by the hit state and not cancelling enraged or overapplied it on one of the bosses with sleep resistance and assumed it doesn't, when Pan Flute wouldn't work either.

I remember it not working on dragon fly (no hit stun)

Idk where from.

21 hours ago, Mahoood said:

Sorry for the lack of explanation, I was thinking of the vid as more of a proof of concept.

The twins can be slept and won’t wake up when hit immediately like most mobs. You can sleep deerclops in the same manner to cancel attacks iirc, say with multiple hostile flares. Didn’t try it on new deerclops tho.

I was using creative mode in that vid, the dart was to draw aggro yes.

It can be dangerous and requires a bit of timing, especially after they changed book and flute animation cancels, but you can still animation cancel with examine (for the book you can’t quick cancel after cast but you can before the cast with examine).

These cancels are for if you mess up and try to sleep them in the few animations they have where it’s not possible, like the phase transition animation and the “roar”.

I actually got it to work! Once it was pointed out you were using sleep it all clicked - that made me understand why you were using bone armor because you basically need to spam it on cooldown - took me a couple tries for them to plop down into a favorable spot, and I used Bee Queen crown so I had to actually move, but yeah, it totally worked, thanks!

Archived