Caves should be activated by default

In the past few months I was watching a lot of streams where people were playing DST for the first (or second or third) time, and almost every time they had something in common: they didn't had caves activated, because they either didn't know caves exist or they thought caves would have been in the world automatically.

I think the prompt for activating the caves should always pop up when opening the world customization screen, as people overlook the caves tab at the top resp. don't know they have to click on it (because the tab doesn't say "Add Caves").

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Queron81 said:

Caves-Prompt-World-Generation.png.1a193b37959781d8fa9bb825728c82a5.png

That's perfect, thank you!

Oh, boy.. I hope the old way to enable caves still exists or this is going to be very annoying have to go through a pop-up screen everytime I want to make a world because I don't always want to have a world generate with caves

It is just one more short click when you make a new world. That's maybe 2 seconds. If you haven't activated the checkbox, you need 2 clicks to add Caves. So this change will save you like 1 or 2 minutes of your lifetime.

But I think if you activate the checkbox and click "No Caves", it should act like in the current build (clicking on "Caves" in the world generation screen to open the pop-up). How often do you make a world without caves? Because you can set it to "Always with Caves" and then remove the caves in the world generation screen, if you want a world without caves. This would save you even more time.

1 hour ago, Queron81 said:

But I think if you activate the checkbox and click "No Caves", it should act like in the current build (clicking on "Caves" in the world generation screen to open the pop-up). How often do you make a world without caves? Because you can set it to "Always with Caves" and then remove the caves in the world generation screen, if you want a world without caves. This would save you even more time.

As a modder I don't want to be forced to only generate worlds with caves or no caves as I have to test each one and would prefer I don't have to now go through a new pop-up requiring more clicks to generate a world. As long as it allows me to disable it from appearing once then I'm fine with it, but if it's always going to be shoved in my face I don't like it