Water doesn't spread on granite tile the same as sandstone tile.

I'm dumping 500g of salt water on a two tile floor with walls on both sides (atmosphere about 1400 for both). If the tiles are granite, the salt water pools in one tile. If the tile is sandstone, the salt water spreads to both tiles. The only way that i can get the liquid to spread on the granite is to build and then destroy the empty tile.

Is there a pocket of a heavy gas like carbon dioxide preventing the liquid from spreading? Often times when that happens it will eventually get deleted and the liquid will then spread out.

On 1/18/2024 at 6:04 PM, konaprog said:

I'm dumping 500g of salt water on a two tile floor with walls on both sides (atmosphere about 1400 for both). If the tiles are granite, the salt water pools in one tile. If the tile is sandstone, the salt water spreads to both tiles. The only way that i can get the liquid to spread on the granite is to build and then destroy the empty tile.

Please do the test again in a vacuum. 

On 1/18/2024 at 1:05 PM, meekay said:

Is there a pocket of a heavy gas like carbon dioxide preventing the liquid from spreading? Often times when that happens it will eventually get deleted and the liquid will then spread out.

Actually, the CO2 will stay there forever if left undisturbed.  What causes it to leave is another random CO2 drifting over it, which then gives the liquid somewhere to push the CO2 in to.

Archived