Please revert the boat buff speed nerf from waterlogged's beta to live branch transition.

2 minutes ago, EATZYOWAFFLEZ said:

Why would you though? There's no reason to actually return to the ocean once you do pearl and crab king, and sailing to the lunar island is completely shallow water.

I agree with you that sails are better once you map out the ocean, but in the current state of ocean content no one is going back out to sea. So either one or the other needs to change imo.

Or just give me a boat mounted gun that shoots all seastacks in my way. That works too.

I go out to sea occasionally. At least once or two times an in-game year, each year. I enjoy it. It's fun enough for me. I collect bottles, find treasure, harass the water spiders as i steal figs.

My boat has everything i need on it. 2 sails, steering wheel, anchor, crockpot, firepit, birdcage(so i can bring my bird with me instead of forgetting about him and him dying.), scaled chest and 2 smaller chest, the pinchin wrench, and the navigator thing that doesn't do much. So it's a mini base on err, wheels. 

If they brought anything over from Shipwrecked, i'd love to have the whale hunts reintroduced. It was a decent means of needing to sail the sea to find them and get their loot. That's probably about the only thing i really miss from Shipwrecked. (And the pretty green grassy turf.)

23 minutes ago, EATZYOWAFFLEZ said:

Why would you though? There's no reason to actually return to the ocean once you do pearl and crab king

I visit salt shoals with a boat a good few times before having docks set up, semi-frequent trips to the moon quay, a LOT of visits to waterlogged biomes for those sweet knobbly nuts, popping into pearl's island for some bottle trading, the lunar island (totally counts as ocean content even if it's mainly shallow water when approached directly from land), and pretty consistent Frostjaw fights to make all of those things faster. There's a lot to do on the ocean!

On 1/2/2024 at 9:19 PM, EATZYOWAFFLEZ said:

Why would you though?

Like I said. Because its FUN.
I enjoy it, its fun to go around hunting for sunken treasure and fishing.

But people hate it so much apparently that they completely ignore any of those fun optional aspects to it and only focus on only what you ""need"" to do. 

Archived