(UPDATED) WX78 skill tree, QOL, more circuits, more fun.

A skill tree with almost no bloating, everything is meaningful, gives wx a lot more fun options and fixes some issues.

0-starting square for all upgrades

Spoiler

COMMENCE UPGRADES

-have 1 extra circuit slot

maintenance

make managing circuits more convenient.

Spoiler

management expert I-IV

-circuits last 50% more

-you can freely choose which circuit to extract

-circuits can be repaired for 1 biodata per use

-Wx can craft a metal toolkit to keep in his inventory it can accomodate up to 4 circuits, 1 extraction tool and a stack of biodata.

Energy efficient I-II

-Energy regenerates in 60 seconds

-Energy regenerates in 30 seconds

hacking

Hacking branch: you can hack pre-existing circuits at an alchemy station feeding 6 biodata to make them more compact, only 1 hacked circuit can be equipped at once, hacked circuits can't be equipped along their original counterpart to prevent malfunctions.

Spoiler

Hacked circuits I-V

-Chorusbox hack: hacking a chorusbox circuit will make it cost only 2 slots and will have the same effects as 2 chorusboxes.

-Illumination circuit hack: hacking an illuminator circuit will make it cost only 2 slots and will have 1 extra tile of range

-optoelectronic circuit hack: hacking an optoelectronic circuit will make it cost only 3 slots, wx will also emmit an very small red circle of light around him so he can be seen at night while walking in the dark.

-thermal circuit hack: hacking a thermal circuit will make it cost only 2 slots, wx will also be able immune to attacks with an elemental effect that oppose his current thermal circuit. (wx cant be frozen by deerclops or crap king while using a heat circuit.

-kinetic circuit hack: hacking a kinetic circuit will make it cost only 2 points

circuitry: improve circuits and make new ones, YEAH THATS RIGHT NEW CIRCUITS LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

Spoiler

Singular efficiency

-circuits that solely provide extra stats give 50% more stats if worn without duplicates that fulfil the same role (ex: hunger boost, health boost, sanity boost.

the zappies I-II

-using 2 electric circuits will make you deal electric damage in your attacks

-using 3 electric circuits will make you deal aoe electric damage if hit (**** you bee queen i hate you im gonna kill you give me 500 dollars)

New clockwork circuits I-II

farol circuit

-after scanning a clockwork bishop, wx can craft a circuit for 2 slots that allows wx to radiate a very far reaching beam of light will be cast in front of him in a 45 degree cone, perfect for exploration, but it will iluminate barely nothing around wx.

kinetic circuit

-after scanning a clockwork knight, wx can craft a circuit for 3 slots that improves his kinetic energy output, allowing him to have much more efficiency rowing, working and crafting. wx also gets a 25% physical damage increase.

jimmy

jimmy upgrades, very simple

Spoiler

Better scanning I-II

-jimmy can scan 100% faster

-jimmy can scan 200% faster

Improved networking

-jimmy moves towards wx at twice the speed

afinity

which side are you machine?

Spoiler

Shadow megalomaniac

The queen will reward your hunger for power by allowing you to carry all the gear needed to conquer the world

-By scanning the nightmare werepig, a new shadow circuit can be obtained, it costs 2 slots and allows wx to use 4 extra inventory slots

that can only carry weareables, weapons, staffs and work tools. ex: thulecite crowns, shadow swords, pickaxes, starcaller staffs

affinity circuits dont stack.

Lunar mastermind

The moon will reward your advanced inteligence by showing you how to exploit the enemies weaknesses with your machines

-A lunar circuit can be inserted into jimmy and removed from it in your inventory, once jimmy is deployed while using the circuit, instead of scanning for creatures, jimmy will hover above WX, any mob that come close to an area around jimmy will be scanned revealing weaknesses, taking 10% more physical damage and 100% more planar damage from all sources.

Share your thoughts on the third version, after reading critiques i decided to scratch the E.M.B (a mountable mech wx can ride), reduce the skill tree bloating (which is a problem with all skill trees lmao) i decided to give him some more fun stuff and i think we did a VERY good job so far (haha i hate you patrick)

this skill tree is especially an upgrade from my first one which was just a stat buff tree.

imagem_2023-12-23_184513417.png

4 minutes ago, Dr.Webber said:

Ok I ca see you didn’t like my ideas but if I’m being honest the last one you did was better but please make jimmy more of a killing machine in the affinities 

lunar affinity jimmy killing machine sounds like a cool idea! 

3 minutes ago, MrsBoris said:

lunar affinity jimmy killing machine sounds like a cool idea! 

What about shadow I was thinking something similar to what they did with Bernie but sense for the time being he’s just a scanning thing the means to kill would have to be and also I just realized that when I said the last one you did it could of been misunderstood as this one sense this is the last one you did so far but i meant last one as in the one before this one I don’t know if it was misunderstood or not but if it was im sorry 

I think its great

1 hour ago, MrsBoris said:

Un árbol de habilidades casi sin hinchazón, todo es significativo, le brinda a wx muchas más opciones divertidas y soluciona algunos problemas.

Cuadrado inicial 0 para todas las actualizaciones

Revelar contenidos ocultos

COMENZAR ACTUALIZACIONES

-tener 1 ranura de circuito adicional

mantenimiento

hacer que la gestión de circuitos sea más conveniente.

experto en gestión I-IV

-los circuitos duran un 50% más

-puedes elegir libremente qué circuito extraer

-los circuitos se pueden reparar por 1 biodato por uso

-Wx puede crear un juego de herramientas de metal para guardarlo en su inventario; puede contener hasta 4 circuitos, 1 herramienta de extracción y una pila de datos biológicos.

Eficiencia energética I-II

-La energía se regenera en 60 segundos.

-La energía se regenera en 30 segundos.

hackear

Rama de piratería: puedes piratear circuitos preexistentes en una estación de alquimia que alimenta 6 biodatos para hacerlos más compactos, solo se puede equipar 1 circuito pirateado a la vez, los circuitos pirateados no se pueden equipar con su contraparte original para evitar fallos de funcionamiento.

Circuitos pirateados IV

-Hack de Chorusbox: hackear un circuito de chorusbox hará que cueste sólo 2 espacios y tendrá los mismos efectos que 2 chorusboxes.

-Truco del circuito de iluminación: piratear un circuito de iluminación hará que cueste solo 2 espacios y tendrá 1 mosaico de alcance adicional.

-optoelectronic circuit hack: hacking an optoelectronic circuit will make it cost only 3 slots, wx will also emmit an very small red circle of light around him so he can be seen at night while walking in the dark.

-thermal circuit hack: hacking a thermal circuit will make it cost only 2 slots, wx will also be able immune to attacks with an elemental effect that oppose his current thermal circuit. (wx cant be frozen by deerclops or crap king while using a heat circuit.

-kinetic circuit hack: hacking a kinetic circuit will make it cost only 2 points

Circuitos: mejora los circuitos y crea otros nuevos. SÍ, ASÍ ES, NUEVOS CIRCUITOS. ¡VAMOS!

Singular efficiency

-circuits that solely provide extra stats give 50% more stats if worn without duplicates that fulfil the same role (ex: hunger boost, health boost, sanity boost.

the zappies I-II

-using 3 electric circuits will make you deal aoe electric damage if hit (**** you bee queen i hate you im gonna kill you give me 500 dollars)

farol circuit

-after scanning a clockwork bishop, wx can craft a circuit for 2 slots that allows wx to radiate a very far reaching beam of light will be cast in front of him in a 45 degree cone, perfect for exploration, but it will iluminate barely nothing around wx.

kinetic circuit

-after scanning a clockwork knight, wx can craft a circuit for 3 slots that improves his kinetic energy output, allowing him to have much more efficiency rowing, working and crafting. wx also gets a 25% physical damage increase.

palanqueta

actualizaciones de jimmy, muy simples

Better scanning I-II

Improved networking

afinidad

¿De qué lado estás máquina?

Shadow megalomaniac

The queen will reward your hunger for power by allowing you to carry all the gear needed to conquer the world

-By scanning the nightmare werepig, a new shadow circuit can be obtained, it costs 2 slots and allows wx to use 4 extra inventory slots

that can only carry weareables, weapons, staffs and work tools. ex: thulecite crowns, shadow swords, pickaxes, starcaller staffs

Lunar mastermind

The moon will reward your advanced inteligence by showing you how to exploit the enemies weaknesses with your machines

-A lunar circuit can be inserted into jimmy and removed from it in your inventory, once jimmy is deployed while using the circuit, instead of scanning for creatures, jimmy will hover above WX, any mob that come close to an area around jimmy will be scanned revealing weaknesses, taking 10% more physical damage and 100% more planar damage from all sources.

Comparta sus pensamientos sobre la tercera versión, después de leer las críticas decidí eliminar el EMB (un robot montable que wx puede montar), reducir la hinchazón del árbol de habilidades (que es un problema con todos los árboles de habilidades lmao) y decidí darle un poco más de diversión. cosas y creo que hicimos un MUY buen trabajo hasta ahora (jaja, te odio, Patrick)

Este árbol de habilidades es especialmente una mejora del primero que era solo un árbol de mejoras de estadísticas.

imagen_2023-12-23_184513417.png

I agree that the Jimmy should be given skills (and a cool moon rover skin) I predict WX will probably get something like:

Faster Processing: Jimmy scans things quicker.

Collective Data: Jimmy Drops more Biodata when scanning stuff.

Overcharge: WX78 can now gain a temporary boost in whatever effect is socketed (Aka speed) but at the cost of the socket losing charge faster.

Yeah, Robot circuits should be like socketing a battery, the fresher the battery.. the better the Christmas toy will perform. 

Overall cool ideas, and with Willow now having Firebender powers WX could get a cool upgrade where combined with Willow using her powers on them could turn WX into like a walking oven/heat source.

Idk it’s just some funny concepts I thought up.

I’d also like for WX to be able to “consume” the charge of a lightning Rod which gives them temporary Zappy powers like you had rubbed your socks on the carpet then tapped your sibling on the shoulder yelling PIKACHU!

(I hope this post makes Someone, Somewhere laugh… you need a good laugh around the holiday season. <3)

18 hours ago, goatt said:

I kinda want gear upgrades back via skill tree, but with less max.

Like can have probably 3 gear upgrades max so that wx won't have the incentives to eat all gears

that'd be pointless aside from being able to efficiently eat meaty stew since the max values of stats don't matter as long as a single use of all foods doesn't waste more than a few points when using them while only having one point in that stat 

12 hours ago, grm9 said:

that'd be pointless

Max value by itself is not “pointless” already, look at you Wes and Maxwell.

“Pointless” is quite a useless term in general. I find lots of skills on skill trees very pointless and purely fillers, yet they are there on the trees. There are 2 reasons for that.

1. They may be real fillers or gate keepers (probably by design). Or

2. It’s because my preference.

You already said “meaty stew” which disproves your “pointless” point.

You should just say “I don’t like it” for clarify, not “pointless”.

(I realize I may sound aggressive. But I don’t intend to. Probably bc I’m autistic. But I meant what I said simply literally. I don’t know how to phrase it better.)

1 hour ago, goatt said:

Max value by itself is not “pointless” already, look at you Wes and Maxwell

it doesn't impact anything in case of maxwell and it only impacts the inability to eat meaty stew and the weirdness of restoring sanity (which wouldn't change much in case of WX because he's already close to the default 200 and doesn't e.g. get sane after killing a single crawling horror or stay sane for very long after killing a single terrorbeak) in case of wes, since refilling is instant in case of hp and hunger and all dishes fit into 150 max hunger and all healing fits into 75 max hp, they could just add another circuit slot so you could use a hunger circuit while using everything else you were using previously to achieve the same thing but with the ability to eat meaty stews effectively    

1 minute ago, grm9 said:

it doesn't impact anything in case of maxwell and it only impacts the inability to eat meaty stew and the weirdness of restoring sanity (which wouldn't change much in case of WX because he's already close to the default 200 and doesn't e.g. get sane after killing a single crawling horror or stay sane for very long after killing a single terrorbeak) in case of wes, since refilling is instant in case of hp and hunger and all dishes fit into 150 max hunger and all healing fits into 75 max hp, tbh they could just add one extra slot so you can use one hunger circuit while keeping the circuits that you'd normally have otherwise   

If max value don't mean anything, then 75 75 75 Wes stats would not be worse than other characters, which is self-evidently false.

If you want to say WX's stats are good enough for you, I won't disagree. But more stats is "pointless" simply makes no sense.

Big positive numbers are always better, no matter what. I think math is enough to settle it. Whatever your argument is, I can simply say but you will get more from gear upgrades and that's not pointless.

On 12/23/2023 at 6:45 PM, MrsBoris said:

A skill tree with almost no bloating, everything is meaningful, gives wx a lot more fun options and fixes some issues.

0-starting square for all upgrades

Reveal hidden contents

COMMENCE UPGRADES

-have 1 extra circuit slot

maintenance

make managing circuits more convenient.

Reveal hidden contents

management expert I-IV

-circuits last 50% more

-you can freely choose which circuit to extract

-circuits can be repaired for 1 biodata per use

-Wx can craft a metal toolkit to keep in his inventory it can accomodate up to 4 circuits, 1 extraction tool and a stack of biodata.

Energy efficient I-II

-Energy regenerates in 60 seconds

-Energy regenerates in 30 seconds

hacking

Hacking branch: you can hack pre-existing circuits at an alchemy station feeding 6 biodata to make them more compact, only 1 hacked circuit can be equipped at once, hacked circuits can't be equipped along their original counterpart to prevent malfunctions.

Reveal hidden contents

Hacked circuits I-V

-Chorusbox hack: hacking a chorusbox circuit will make it cost only 2 slots and will have the same effects as 2 chorusboxes.

-Illumination circuit hack: hacking an illuminator circuit will make it cost only 2 slots and will have 1 extra tile of range

circuitry: improve circuits and make new ones, YEAH THATS RIGHT NEW CIRCUITS LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

Reveal hidden contents

Singular efficiency

the zappies I-II

farol circuit

kinetic circuit

jimmy

jimmy upgrades, very simple

Reveal hidden contents

Better scanning I-II

Improved networking

afinity

which side are you machine?

Reveal hidden contents

Shadow megalomaniac

Lunar mastermind

Share your thoughts on the third version, after reading critiques i decided to scratch the E.M.B (a mountable mech wx can ride), reduce the skill tree bloating (which is a problem with all skill trees lmao) i decided to give him some more fun stuff and i think we did a VERY good job so far (haha i hate you patrick)

this skill tree is especially an upgrade from my first one which was just a stat buff tree.

imagem_2023-12-23_184513417.png

Can you update this one once more? Like I would ask for space for more circuits. I liked the 25% damage, but I think they could add a way for wx78 to attack faster. A faster attack speed would make sense since he's a robot and don't need that much time to rest between hits.

I would also like if they added a hard way to get one circuit per world. Specifically "scanning all 3 clockworks to unlock this skill", and the skill would add space to your inventory or more space for circuits.

I like the AoE damage you presented but I feel like the crafting recipe for some circuits should be more expensive. If they simply add this it wouldn't feel as great I think.

Just now, Swiyss said:

attack faster

Steam coming out of his shoulders while a sizzling sounds happens and he stomps things super fast sounds very cool. Maybe an interaction with W.A.R.B.I.S would be cool too, just like wormwood has one with bs gear.

If he sides with wagstaff, we need an insane lore development and reasoning behind him doing it so. Also, he could get some cool upgrades from the new Wagstaff stuff added.

On 12/24/2023 at 5:45 AM, MrsBoris said:

Shadow megalomaniac

So I didn't quite understand what this was. Is there a damage boost or something.

I would to see some WS transformation skill in affinities. Like transforming into iron man in hamlet. For some short term, with long cooldown or with costly materials. Because as to me, current shadow alignment +4 slots don't compensate improved Jimmy. 

Also there's no any skill for team support. Maybe crafting cogwill from old  circuits? 

Heavily against this. You should not be able to get another character's perk but better, even if its at the cost of your own perks. Let's consider this for a moment.

Warly needs 1 volt goat horn, two honey and 1 twig to get 5 minutes of electric damage. Volt goat horns need to be farmed for this boost to be consistent for boss fights, and this damage bonus cannot be active at all times.

With this skill, WX-78 needs to kill two electrified volt goats and scan some enemies for permanent electric damage. This leaves him with 3 slots for other circuits aswell. It should just be every 3 attacks (resets when hit) if anything.

Why isnt this a problem with the Morning star and electric spear? These weapons do lower damage to compensate, and therefore don't replace someone elses ability with a superior one.

How about instead

Zappies I

Dealing damage to a wet enemy sends a shock to another nearby enemy, dealing 75% of the damage. If that enemy is also wet, repeat. (with the reduced damage being reduced again, can shock an infinite amount of enemies but the same enemy cannot be shocked by the same attack)

On 12/23/2023 at 2:45 PM, MrsBoris said:

One thing: it's actually "The Cryptic Founder (i.e. Wagstaff)" who gives you lunar affinity. All in all, though, very, very nice work.

Archived