When did Commander Helm recipe change?

image.png.0cffaee2867a464b8923cad51224dd91.png

I understand that the previous recipe of 3(?) azure feathers was annoying because it sorta soft blocked this craft to winter (tumbleweeds rng exists) but I don't remember seeing this change in the patch updates, and I dislike the change. It's confusing to me why you'd change the ingredient that is present in the game sprite for all skins of this item. I also thought the winter bird's feather made sense to have for a winter insulated armor piece, maybe others disagree with me but idk, I like having a use for feathers because of how useless they are otherwise.

• Like 2

I think I prefer this recipe over a season-gated one. Marble essentially doesn't have a purpose for most characters besides Wolfgang (and some needed for Wanda), as Marble Suits are too niche to use in every fight and expensive/time-consuming to mass-produce for non-gathering centric characters. 

A single marble per craft definitely is cheap enough for me to do smaller scale marble shrub fields at normal work speed.

(Also, don't Blow Darts exist?)

• Like 14

I prefer this new recipe, had to kill 6 snowbirds on average for a single Commander's Helmet before and even if they costed less azure feathers I don't agree that an early-mid game piece of armor - something you want to upkeep early on - should have its crafting ingredientes realistically locked to a single season, especially not when it is competing with her other armor craft while also not giving any special benefit that justifies having the trouble to go after azure feathers.

Edited by Picklesaurus
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, dzzydzzy said:

I understand that the previous recipe of 3(?) azure feathers was annoying because it sorta soft blocked this craft to winter (tumbleweeds rng exists) but I don't remember seeing this change in the patch updates, and I dislike the change. It's confusing to me why you'd change the ingredient that is present in the game sprite for all skins of this item. I also thought the winter bird's feather made sense to have for a winter insulated armor piece, maybe others disagree with me but idk, I like having a use for feathers because of how useless they are otherwise.

battle helm had those feathery wings on it and it only costed gold and rocks

this one needs gold, beef fur and marble given that it sorta is stronger and the fur fits the winter insulation somewhat

I like this change since I don't have to wait for winter

Also, beta is subject to change after all. and this all happened in beta

Edited by mykenception
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, dzzydzzy said:

So what you're saying is that battle helms need feathers as well because it just looks like they have a couple? Feathers are absolutely painful to get and I am glad they remain useless.