Wigfrid Alignment Concept

Both of these concepts would involve changing the alignment songs into instant use songs (sorry to anyone who enjoys the current 5% buffs they give)

Shadow song: spawns woven shadows around wigfrid, which can be eaten off of the ground by any player to restore hp. Could also draw mob aggro because that seems fun.

Lunar song: spawns a ring of greater gestalts around the nearest aggressive enemy. They would attack the way you would expect gestalts to attack.

8 hours ago, chirsg said:

I'm a Wigfrid main and these are too strong.

i didnt list any specific stats for this exact reason. obviously healing the normal 400hp per shadow would be way too much so that would likely get reduced. on top of that you could also make it so the song spawns very few of them in the first place. then on top of those nerfs you still need to deal with the fact that some bosses will kill them before you can do anything, and unlike healing foods they dont give you the chance to run to a safe location before healing.

tldr: if woven shadows are really too strong there are many different ways of making them a lot weaker

2 minutes ago, NoodlemanNed said:

i didnt list any specific stats for this exact reason. obviously healing the normal 400hp per shadow would be way too much so that would likely get reduced. on top of that you could also make it so the song spawns very few of them in the first place. then on top of those nerfs you still need to deal with the fact that some bosses will kill them before you can do anything, and unlike healing foods they dont give you the chance to run to a safe location before healing.

tldr: if woven shadows are really too strong there are many different ways of making them a lot weaker

I'd agree with you if the woven shadows were shaped like hamburgers or eclairs.

There's also the issue of eating a crawling bony insect. 

It's a creative solution, but realistically, none of the characters are fuel weaver.

I'd be down with darkness burgers or a delicious dessert

image.png.626dd0adf02f86eaad6657ca5e2b2570.png

23 minutes ago, NoodlemanNed said:

But you already got vortox heal. And her healing song and revive song.

Another healing option is pointless, furthermore its coming from shadow which doesnt make sense

50 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I'd agree with you if the woven shadows were shaped like hamburgers or eclairs.

There's also the issue of eating a crawling bony insect. 

It's a creative solution, but realistically, none of the characters are fuel weaver.

I'd be down with darkness burgers or a delicious dessert

image.png.626dd0adf02f86eaad6657ca5e2b2570.png

make them latch onto the players' equipment and merge with it, repairing it, could add a restriction for it to be a shadow item (e.g. has nightmare fuel or pure horror in the recipe and is armor/weapon or just use the list of things that boost maxwell's shadow duelists except the tier 1 stuff), although that'd probably be too situational to be useful, could also neglect logic if it'll be fun and useful as healing though 

11 hours ago, NoodlemanNed said:

Shadow song: spawns woven shadows around wigfrid, which can be eaten off of the ground by any player to restore hp. Could also draw mob aggro because that seems fun.

Mobs could aggro onto the woven shadows instead of the player(if that is what you did not mean)

1 hour ago, Swiyss said:

But you already got vortox heal. And her healing song and revive song.

Another healing option is pointless, furthermore its coming from shadow which doesnt make sense

Maybe if eating them added damage instead? Maybe a flat amount of planar damage to your next few attacks. I really like the sound of that.

Followers could try eat them too.

i personally have really wanted to have woven shadows as a summon for some time and i just thought since wigfrid's alignments were basically placeholders, it would be a good excuse to finally throw them in somewhere. Having them be used for item repair or a damage boost seems like a decent compromise if healing doesnt sit right with some people.

at the very least i hope klei eventually gives wigfrid some alignment perks that are at least unique for now. my suggestion is just one way of accomplishing that but if other people have better ideas i think it would be beneficial to share them in hopes that klei will at least consider something better than what we have right now.

I like the idea of the woven shadows and gestalt summon Because its kind of falls into the idea that wigfrid takes the powers of the foes she has defeated.  Thats the whole concept of her lifesteal
So her being able to cast skills of the fuel weaver and the champion are really nice ideas.

For the woven shadows just 8 hp per shadow is fine. spawns like 10  so thats a slow heal coming towards wigfrid or others that are nearby.
or maybe wigfrid also could get a bone cage around her not really like maxwells shadow prison just one more like willows combustion skill affecting things around her.
in fact both could happen lol
I kind of feel like her songs are really weak  For them being the affinity perk. Even the song upgrades on the skill tree are mostly quality of life so making them more interesting could increase the chance that  players will go that path.

The gestalt summon also has a chance of putting creatures to sleep. Just like in the champion battle  So they not only do damage but can also  provide support.

So shadow version is a support defense
While lunar version is a support damage.

Fits pretty well. I say.

1 hour ago, DVGMedia said:

For the woven shadows just 8 hp per shadow is fine. spawns like 10  so thats a slow heal coming towards wigfrid or others that are nearby.

Maybe eating them also gives planar defence or temporarly normal defense. Could be interesting

the songs could be:

moon: spawn tiny gestals like CC crown on atacks but they deal less damage

shadow: spawn weaker versions of thulecite club's tentacles

seems like klei wants these songs to be defensive so something more flashy than raw stats can be added

right now, even if they buff them to the sky, the songs are boring 

I would love if affinity songs would focused on providing bonuses vs only opposing force. Like, why tf I need 5% reduction from lunar and 5% more damage vs shadows with lunar affinity? said bonuses are literally usless. Make it 15-20% less damage taken and 15-20% more damage vs opposing force only and I say we alright. Not too crazy, but still a good buff for one-alignned team. 

They buffed them to be 10% damage reduced. 

I have a theory that every single team attack amp, klei will not push the big red button because of Wolfgang. 

There is a lot of work to be done to implement the more interesting suggestions than just flat number amps and multipliers. 

The only way people will realistically pitch ideas at this point would be modders doing it as an example. Sufficing to say, I'd probably forgo choosing an affinity if there were certain niches I wanted to fill in a given playthrough. Unless they add in golden wigfrid to the affinities. 

right now I'd only pick an affinity perk just for the 10% alignment bonus but the affinity songs are so bland I might as well not make them as they are now

I agree that giving them a different effect would be nicer (like the suggestions on previous posts) than just percentage modifiers

Archived