[Suggestion] Make common torches spread fire normally as Willow

26 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Isn’t part of the reason the all or nothing nature is needed is to stop burning mobs from spreading fires?

I’ll admit my fire knowledge is rusty, and I miss charcoal fires too.

The idea is just that fire that comes from torches should work normally and spread uncontrollably as usual, I don't know about the details behind it but I don't think that's a problem, I guess? The fire that comes from the lighter would work in this controlled way and the one that comes from the torch would work in the normal way that it spreads

I think the non-spreading fire in of itself is a bit redundant, especially when the same tree gives you the ability to absorb any and all fires almost instantly around you.
I like the non-spreading fires when it comes to panicking mobs but that's it, really. I'd personally keep it tied to mobs, but when I start fires I usually start them with the intention of them spreading.

Splitting them between the torches and the lighter works too, but I'd like the two to be consistent. 

15 minutes ago, -Variant said:

I think the non-spreading fire in of itself is a bit redundant, especially when the same tree gives you the ability to absorb any and all fires almost instantly around you.
I like the non-spreading fires when it comes to panicking mobs but that's it, really. I'd personally keep it tied to mobs, but when I start fires I usually start them with the intention of them spreading.

Splitting them between the torches and the lighter works too, but I'd like the two to be consistent. 

I didn't even think about it, we would hardly set fire to an object without the intention of spreading the fire, really, only perhaps in winter with the intention of just keeping warm without destroying an entire forest, but it's always very avoidable, just changing it can really be a simpler solution indeed.

Archived