Couple of Misc. Suggestions I just thought of

• It would be cool if wigfrid's battle spear inspiration gain worked based on nearby players using the spear as well - lets wigfrid's allies help her build her meter and makes it so giving the spear to allies remains useful.
  • It would be good to carry over some mechanics from the skill trees to existing items - namely, the shield of cthulu could probably work quite well with the wigfrid electric spear dash mechanic, and fire staves and darts would probably benefit from non-spreading fire. I think Wigfrid's spear and Willow's lighter would still be significantly better and cheaper than these items so I don't think it's a niche-killer

4 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

They wont. These two items are only used to spread fires or deal with crystal clops. They would be so much weaker.

They could be more reliably be used for damage over time, if you want to start a large fire you use a torch which is much cheaper and more accessible

18 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

They could be more reliably be used for damage over time, if you want to start a large fire you use a torch which is much cheaper and more accessible

I think making fire darts use safe fire and keep fire staffs with the normal fire could work. So both options are available. 

8 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

Well fire staff would enable making objects have a controlled burn as opposed to just enemies

True, though I'm not sure how many situations that could be useful in? The only time I remember distant object burning being useful was sandcastles/spikes glassification, and further use in decoration, which doesn't gain anything from the fire being controlled. 

Tbh I didn't really mess with fire much before this beta, so there's probably some more use cases, but I can't think of any where you'd want specifically controlled fire. 

22 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

People use them to set fire at a distance, it is useful for things such as boats.

8 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

People use them to set fire at a distance, it is useful for things such as boats.

Would that require a spreading fire though? Isn't the only reason for a spreading fire to make charcoal? I Guess there's fire farms, but people also use torches for those.

20 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

Would that require a spreading fire though? Isn't the only reason for a spreading fire to make charcoal? I Guess there's fire farms, but people also use torches for those.

You can't directly set a boat on fire, you need to burn something on it to spread the fire to the boat itself.

Archived