Willow and Wigfrid's planar damage/planar entity should only exists in a Post Rift world

On 12/1/2023 at 3:32 PM, Mike23Ua said:

TL:DR- Characters are becoming these overpowered gods that are outleveling the threats of the mostly unchanged, Constant.

And yes I know that lunar & shadow rifts aim to shake that up- problem is, this does nothing at all for the unchanged early game.

Before the Rift updates early game was already extremely easy, we are talking of a 10 years old game where most players know all the corners of the game, and you also have filthy veteran rushers destroying the entire content in like 1 year.

Some characters were already ridiculously op, specially Wolfgang "2x dmg and no drawback" and the "cheeselord" Maxwell.

Thats mostly why rifts and the whole planar mechanic became a thing,  because the game was already too easy, and we also had characters making insane amounts of damage with bosses having 0 armor. If theres a clear problem with the early game is voidwalking and Wolfgang being a thing lmao.

I think the whole point of these skill trees is to put all characters on a same level, which is, indeed, making all of them overpowered compared to early game. We should be more patient and wait till they add more endgame content, probably also more early game content, the 3 mutated bosses clearly show that even if all characters become OP early game, they are not going to have it easy with the rifts.

On 12/1/2023 at 9:29 PM, Shosuko said:

I've been saying it all along - planar is a bad idea.  If the game needed a rebalance, they should have just dedicated themselves to the rebalance.

I've been pretty on the fence about the whole planar concept since its introduction. It seemed ok but just seemed like a weird band aid fix for powercreep or to stop us from using already existing endgame weapon/armor on enemies that they didn't want us to be very capable/competent against .. but then you get the planar weapons and armor very quickly and easily and can then utterly destroy the planar mobs (like you could normal mobs already) and the planar gear is rather cheap and even cheaper to repair and it doesn't ever break. So it just exists so that there is an artificial difficulty for your very first encounter with planar mobs but then after that it can more or less be ignored? Use planar gear when necessary against certain mobs and use normal gear the rest of the time or simply use planar gear 24/7 across the board for all encounters. Also with being able to turn rifts on without actually doing all the work to earn them means that you can get planar gear extremely early and easily.

I kind of gave them the benefit of the doubt and sort of just ignored the whole planar mechanic to an extent and rolled with it (I use planar gear and fight planar mobs etc I just decided not to take part in the discussion surrounding planar mechanics). The whole thing just seems... completely and utterly unnecessary? Now I am definitely strongly against Planar as a whole. Its literally a dodgy band aid fix to rebalance certain elements of the game instead of doing so properly in a more organized and thought out manner. 

There are so many other ways they could have rebalanced the new post rift content and plenty of ways to make new enemies and bosses difficult without "planar" existing. There are also plenty of ways they could have made the new planar gear (armor and weapons at least) useful and powerful without planar as well. 

1 hour ago, GelatinousCube said:

Spark arc or restrained static?

You only have to upgrade the spear the once yeah?

sry let me edit that post.  Its restrained static not spark arc - you can get the planar pre-rifts, but not day 1.  You need moon storm at least.

Archived