Wigfrid: I cannot believe I am going to say this. I am in absolute disbelief. (spoilers)

Spoiler

I don't have any complaints

I love her skill tree so far.

Every single concern I had is kind of shored up.

Her lightning spear was a bit of a concern, mainly because it has the ubiquitous Wigfrid problem of not hitting the 100 damage threshold when upgraded, but it's completely fine. Her charge attack is a godsend and she has a solid niche in combat where she stand among the big dogs.

Even the issue I initially was cooking in my mind about using restrained static and how precious it was to craft and how you can't manually repair it using kits is vindicated completely. It's a powerful weapon. Using the exclusive skill to repair it as an incentive is fine even though you would need to babysit the weapon. If it breaks, it's my fault and I'm ok with that.

Honestly, she's great. I was a bit iffy about the beefalo skills and probably will not be using them much, but generally, whatever. I'm cool with that.

Haven't tried the new songs yet, but I'm completely happy with the lightning spears. Thanks so much Klei. 

I think the beefalo skills are very interesting, it's feeling like they want to give everyone a team crafting support like Woodie's canes + hats, wormwood's plantables and so on. Maybe they are for people who switch to the characters for a short time, or people who want to play more of a team role for a while and prep some beefalos for the gang.

I think it's appreciated for those who want the niche and others can allocate the skill points elsewhere if not, it's great. 

Hopefully Walter does get some stuff to that effect too tho!

Just now, thetrueprime said:

I think the beefalo skills are very interesting, it's feeling like they want to give everyone a team crafting support like Woodie's canes + hats, wormwood's plantables and so on. Maybe they are for people who switch to the characters for a short time, or people who want to play more of a team role for a while and prep some beefalos for the gang.

That is such a HUGE favor though. Getting pestered on pubs might be a occurrence if you're wigfrid. 

Archived