optimisation is achievable ?

I have that now. AMD 7800X3D, cycle 1700. Not the most complex colony though.

Another one (cycle 21000, quite complex) is at 30...40 FPS, absolutely no perceptible lag anywhere. 

I recommend to stop buying Intel CPUs with bad task-switching for low-latency gaming...

i have a I7 8700K, actually i can run a large amount of game in ultra without losing performances , but oni is the only one where i feel my FPS drop inexorably 

I talking only about the dev part , a game who don't used 100% with this complexity is a problem for me , not the material.

oni1.png.55fab7c5b69e4aa5b94b0681f28936ff.pngoni2.png.d352d270e65cb45c4570186a8dd6ffa6.png

so my question is not about buy better materials , but better optimisation for the game 

I think there can be room from improvement because this mod does help. But lately, i don't know if is the base game that is taking notes on optimizing or just my base getting too big, that the improvements have been less noticeable with each new game update.

But getting 60 FPS after cycle 1000, maybe with zen 20 or Intel 150.000 k.

I was just exaggerating, but there is always a limit of how much you can optimize, and ultimately you need raw performance to handle this many calculations.

i have fast track already ty for the tips none the less, 

9 minutes ago, melquiades said:

I was just exaggerating, but there is always a limit of how much you can optimize, and ultimately you need raw performance to handle this many calculations.

that true , but the game already don't used all the capabilities of the CPU and Ram so that why , the game can be optimised at this point , but the dev would do it ?

Short answer would be that multithreading is hard, i think i remember in the early development that this used more threads, at least that was the impression i had (might be mistaken), i think i read they dropped it, or at least not prioritized, around the time they added conveyor rails. The beast just grew too big.

I know that some applications can use large caches more effectively than others with some optimization, but that is mostly for specialized software (like fluid dynamics simulators), i don't think a dev would code their games for a particular set of processors like the Ryzen 3d family.

I get that - I'm simply curious to see a big save and test it :)

@melquiades
You can see here lots of tests from Factorio which is also a big scale sim game with various CPU's.
https://factoriobox.1au.us/results/cpus?map=4c5f65003d84370f16d6950f639be1d6f92984f24c0240de6335d3e161705504&vl=1.0.0&vh=

3D cpu's are heavily favored by games like these due to large cache.

3 hours ago, Orzelek said:

I get that - I'm simply curious to see a big save and test it :)

@melquiades
You can see here lots of tests from Factorio which is also a big scale sim game with various CPU's.
https://factoriobox.1au.us/results/cpus?map=4c5f65003d84370f16d6950f639be1d6f92984f24c0240de6335d3e161705504&vl=1.0.0&vh=

3D cpu's are heavily favored by games like these due to large cache.

If you can test my save and tell me how many fps you get on it i might swap from a 5900x (i wouldn't bother with a marginal increase though).

I won't believe it until i see something like my set up tested xD

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rncd12t8mkw5szo/Macondo_Steam_51.sav/file

I also have a lots of mods, including fast track, but also have the Mod Profile Manager so it should be easy to synch.

Edit: You would need at least these mods to be able to open the save file:

AI Controlled Rockets (DLC)

Scan & Relay Satellites (DLC)

Rocketry Expanded (DLC)

1 minute ago, melquiades said:

lol, you do need to upgrade your pc, i can get it up to 60 fps in mine with fast track. I upgraded mine from a 2700x just because this game.

And does it crash or you get some error?

1 sentences : Nop , big game run smooth , the game need optimisation (I7 8700K , i have only a problem with this game actually)

crash and error from mod i guess

jaja i just checked and i can't open it myself, it must be a mod that's necessary to run. I'll try to make a running savefile.

And there is a lot of math this game has to do every tick, and no matter how optimized the code is, there will be a time your system will not be able to keep up, optimization is not going to make your cpu go faster!.

I found out why it doesn't run, it no longer can open without these mods:

AI Controlled Rockets (DLC)

Scan & Relay Satellites (DLC)

Rocketry Expanded (DLC)

Macondo save is a lot of stuff :)
It runs at about 33fps on 1x, 15fps at 2x and 11fps at 3x.

Le putam is doing 69fps on 1x, around 60fps on 2x and around 43fps on 3x.

In both cases it seems like maybe 3-4 cpu cores are doing main work but for some reason it doesn't seem to load any of them to full.
I have a 7900X3D with decent memory - DDR5-6000 at 32-38-38.
It could probably go higher if PBO would be enabled or some other tweaking stuff.

I have added Fast Track to compare and numbers are like this:
Macondo 48fps 1x, 26fps at 2x and 14fps on 3x.
Le putam is 100fps on 1x, 90fps on 2x and 70-80fps on 3x. Seems to jump around a bit on 3x.

3 hours ago, Orzelek said:

Macondo save is a lot of stuff :)
It runs at about 33fps on 1x, 15fps at 2x and 11fps at 3x.

Le putam is doing 69fps on 1x, around 60fps on 2x and around 43fps on 3x.

In both cases it seems like maybe 3-4 cpu cores are doing main work but for some reason it doesn't seem to load any of them to full.
I have a 7900X3D with decent memory - DDR5-6000 at 32-38-38.
It could probably go higher if PBO would be enabled or some other tweaking stuff.

I have added Fast Track to compare and numbers are like this:
Macondo 48fps 1x, 26fps at 2x and 14fps on 3x.
Le putam is 100fps on 1x, 90fps on 2x and 70-80fps on 3x. Seems to jump around a bit on 3x.

Oh wow! i am getting around 10 FPS at 2x with fast track. I was just planing on finally abandoning that colony because of that.

Did you install all the other mods? I have huge conveyor rail networks that probably wont work without the conveyor rail filter mod, and they are a performance hog. I'll pm my steam collection if you like.

A that increase making the change is kinda enticing, thank you for testing!

19 hours ago, melquiades said:

Oh wow! i am getting around 10 FPS at 2x with fast track. I was just planing on finally abandoning that colony because of that.

Did you install all the other mods? I have huge conveyor rail networks that probably wont work without the conveyor rail filter mod, and they are a performance hog. I'll pm my steam collection if you like.

A that increase making the change is kinda enticing, thank you for testing!

I have added the conveyor filters mod and fps on 3x did not change. It fluctuates 14-17 as before.
You have so many mods there that list won't work in game so I can add few more if they are gaame related but rather not install whole set :)

As for fps change - since 7900X3D has the core switching system I can kind of see difference with game running on 3D core or not.
I played around with this and with about 77fps on 3D cores it dropped to 36fps on normal ones.

Archived