Choice trait on starting page

Bein able to choice a trait at the start of creating a colony would be great.

Current design: try to find for example mech engineer. roll 50-200 times, find mech engineer with a bad trait that makes the dupe close to worthless, discard said dupe to roll another 50-200 times just to find a mech engineer with the very same bad trait. repeat this process 3 times before you find a decent dupe with mech engineer. - in other word i have now rerolled a dupe 500+ times just to find a singular dupe, and i have to repeat said process 3 times.

Suggested design: Choice 1 interest, choice 1 trait (good or bad), roll 5-10 times and find what ever dupe you want. repeat 3 times and you are done. 

Currently spending 20 minutes just to find a few dupes and it is very frustrating.

Traits - both good and bad - have their tiers, probably your engineering trait is on higher tier, causing it to be rolled with high-tier bad trait.

If you want it to have more control over the traits and not reroll them for 20 minutes, there are mods to support you - Duplicant Stat Selector by SGT for example

1 hour ago, pether said:

Traits - both good and bad - have their tiers, probably your engineering trait is on higher tier, causing it to be rolled with high-tier bad trait.

If you want it to have more control over the traits and not reroll them for 20 minutes, there are mods to support you - Duplicant Stat Selector by SGT for example

Just don't remove it after.

It would be nice to have that option in the beginning. I like the random once its started but often wish I could control more over the initial selection and world generation. 

Often building based on a theme is almost impossible without settings.

Think I spent almost an hour yesterday trying for a good seed and dupes with all destructive reactions. 

Archived