Honeycomb supply suggestion 2

If we don't wanna have the world with bees that were to reproduce on their own or rather it might take up space for other things that could happen (if Klei got something planned already) I thought of another solution and it being to use up the royal jellies to feed to bee boxes.

Assuming the bee boxes don't exactly work with a queen inside of them to which they come back to same honeycomb and expand on it a little just to store honey we could feed royal jelly to those bees or the bee box supplied with it to grow new honeycombs or have bees colonize new meadows nearby with their own tiny queens to set up and turn into hives. Kinda like a metamorphosis from a queen into a hive, assuming the bee queen herself IS the hive but a mutated variant. 

1 hour ago, Evelo said:

Are the Disassembled Crowns not enough?

Apparently not for me in the lategame! Useful for just compact storing my items inside chests and want to have more for waxing future veggies for shrubbery.

1 hour ago, Evelo said:

There is already a cap on the number of bunny holes that are applied to world regrowth, why not have natural hives follow the same or similar model?

I think it could but I just wanna make it feel less... artificial and more nature-y. But anything works really as long as I can get more than enough combs.

---

For future anyone that asks or still says that 'BUNDLING WRAPS TOO OP -

image.png.ed4129e2b7788b5dd312036cd96d6d18.pngimage.png.65b7fb8bbc638d22c8b232d0bbe5d172.png

Think I care that bundling wraps are OP? One alone is enough to store me enough food for many years to come XD Bundles now are just useful for storing items that I have too much of and don't want it laying around. Abundance of food supply too if not vanity crops like forgetmelots for tea. Now I just need an abundance of honey combs for storage and waxed plants.

35 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

For future anyone that asks or still says that 'BUNDLING WRAPS TOO OP - 

I think Klei signals a hard "NO" to that with their introduction of the bearger bin.  With that, there is no more argument that bundle wraps are OP.

I'm still so far looking forward Honeycombs to be refined into 3 Beeswax rather than 1 so that waxing stuff can be more affordable to many. This would imply adjusting cost of Bundling Wrap logically, but having it to 2 could be interesting to get an extra for every 2 bunch of wax crafted, bundle are strong but it's unlocking them that matters rather than how many you have, having just one player on a multiplayer server with the recipe unlocked and fighting Klaus frequently demonstrate that well.

1 hour ago, ADM said:

I'm still so far looking forward Honeycombs to be refined into 3 Beeswax rather than 1 so that waxing stuff can be more affordable to many. This would imply adjusting cost of Bundling Wrap logically, but having it to 2 could be interesting to get an extra for every 2 bunch of wax crafted, bundle are strong but it's unlocking them that matters rather than how many you have, having just one player on a multiplayer server with the recipe unlocked and fighting Klaus frequently demonstrate that well.

I just don't wanna have the thing that is a very good storage solution that we always needed to be stuck in many hours of wait just to get a few of them. I'd be fine with any solution as long as we could get it as common of a commodity after killing bee queen than wait forever to get more from her or Klaus. Any solution works as long as it's practical for all players.

59 minutes ago, somethin said:

I guess the only options to get more wax for you now is by killing clause then deconstruct the wax papers. lt's 4 extra per year though, so... at least it's something.

It's not something - it's horrible! I get people can sink in many many hours of time into this game but not me anymore XD Green gems are supposed to be the biggest rarity in the game if not opals - not honey combs.

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

I think Klei signals a hard "NO" to that with their introduction of the bearger bin.  With that, there is no more argument that bundle wraps are OP.

I guess but not like it's too much of a difference with bundling wraps themselves imo. Nigh infinite spoilage time to infinite isn't a big difference, but the storage solution is now nicer for food itself. I get a feeling tho that this game has a struggle with picking which items should definitely be the rarest and most precious and which should be common and most available. Cuz you don't need that many combs to make bee boxes or to have the bundles to store food, but you need so many bundles if you want to store the hoards of items you collect and have everything neat and compact.

Spark Arks are biggest value commodity now along with Green Gems, assuming fossils and dreadstone being the same-ish. Honeycombs are very valuable just cause of lack of good production of them, but they are only so useful till you kill bee queen. After her it should be done and done, you got your goods and now we set you up better way to get more of them combs.

At least, those are my takes from current view where my lategame content is right now. I need all this sand to build my beautiful sand castle but I also need the tools to make it nice and neat.

Archived