Bring back higher stacks

I mean it was allready hard with a 32 stack but a 24 stack!? you would need in total 2 wood stacks to build a chest and 2 stacks of grass to make the hat wich only costs 25 and not 30 grass units before the update. I think you should rethink the max stack size of items :-|:-|

Bigger stacks and more inventory space may be good for a game like Minecraft which is infinite and you may want to move your whole camp to an undisclosed faraway location . But Don't Starve? The worlds finite (and quite small at it). Moving resources around is part of the fun, you have to plan your trips accordingly, choose carefully what to move and perhaps make 2 or more trips, if you happened to have built your main camp on the starting island (which it's always 1 end of the group of islands).

I say leave them like they are.

This isn't Minecraft. This isn't about building stuff that needs you to keep a whole mountain on your pockets 24/7. This is survival.

Decisions matter.

I mean it was allready hard with a 32 stack but a 24 stack!? you would need in total 2 wood stacks to build a chest and 2 stacks of grass to make the hat wich only costs 25 and not 30 grass units before the update. I think you should rethink the max stack size of items :-|:-|

<Shrug> It doesn't bother me at all. The only time it came close to bothering me was when I built a pig house, which needs 8 wooden boards and I discovered you could only stack 6 boards per inventory slot. So I had to drop an item to make room. In the long run I find that limiting stacking will make the survival aspect more apparent. In all honesty we already have too much in our inventories because they're too kind. I want to make hard decisions. Do I take my shovel or my pick axe with me today? Which will I likely need more? Do I have enough food? Can I start and keep a fire burning through the night? And seeing how this all balances against exploration.

They are working on a better / different Inventory Management system.

Yes.... and it's supposed to be "interesting". So I doubt it will be a backpack. Some people are guessing it will be a mount. Maybe... maybe.

Or a portable hole. How? SCIENCE! :)