Beefalo zombie

Ok, now we have few types of zombies in the game: dogs, bears, deers. So why don't add cows? I see a good opportunity to make domesticated beef revievable AND buff him for post-endgame content. So the plan is: when fully domesticated beef dies, that gestalt (and some sort of shadow when underground) infect it. Then player has to kill him, but beef don't actually die in the end. It fall down. Then player should put beefalo bell in it. This action turn beefalo bell in lunar or shadow beefalo bell, and revive the beef.

This can solve few problems:

- Reviving beef

- Add to beef planar damage/defence

- Give player a choice between shadow and lunar

TL:DR

Let gestalts and their underground counterparts revive our beef!

6 minutes ago, goblinball said:

I always thought Minecraft’s Skeleton horses were cool, I think smth similar for dst would be neat. I wouldn’t enjoy having to kill my beefalo to power it up, though.

I just gave an example and general idea. You can also share ideas if you have some)

12 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

I just gave an example and general idea. You can also share ideas if you have some)

Maybe if you feed a beefalo something new lunar-related, it’ll transform into a lunar beefalo? Idk that seems a bit boring but it could work

Nah beefalo dying is a big part of the downside of using them. Can't have all the good and no bad. 

A planar war saddle is about the height of what they should add to beefalos. Klei are already making some bosses knock you straight off. Almost like they dont want beefalos being too good at combat.

Plus rider is the best beefalo type by a mile. An ornery isnt as strong as you getting off your rider and fighting on foot. I dont see how a shadow or lunar version would buff the best thing about a beefalo which is the movement speed.

10 hours ago, Gashzer said:

Nah beefalo dying is a big part of the downside of using them. Can't have all the good and no bad. 

A planar war saddle is about the height of what they should add to beefalos. Klei are already making some bosses knock you straight off. Almost like they dont want beefalos being too good at combat.

Plus rider is the best beefalo type by a mile. An ornery isnt as strong as you getting off your rider and fighting on foot. I dont see how a shadow or lunar version would buff the best thing about a beefalo which is the movement speed.

What about wes mains :/ 

31 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

What about wes mains :/ 

Nah not even wes mains tbh, only wendy mains get use out of ornery.

In first autumn while taming a beefalo for 20 days a beefalo does 34 damage. Wes can do 44 damage with a hambat. So for 20 days wes is better fighting with a hambat rather than using the beefalo's attack. Plus using a beefalo for the speed boost is somewhat wasted for wes as he has his speedy balloon for the whole of first autumn anyway.

Ornery beefalo does 51 damage but so does a dark sword which wes has 33 extra uses with compared to regular characters. Hence wes is more efficient using dark swords for trash mobs. In the late game wes gets even better with the brightshade sword having an extra 66 uses plus his 0.75x damage doesnt effect the brightshade sword as badly.

Rider is still the best beefalo for wes to tame in the long run.

The only character that should tame an ornery is Wendy. 

23 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

In first autumn while taming a beefalo for 20 days a beefalo does 34 damage. Wes can do 44 damage with a hambat. So for 20 days wes is better fighting with a hambat rather than using the beefalo's attack. Plus using a beefalo for the speed boost is somewhat wasted for wes as he has his speedy balloon for the whole of first autumn anyway.

Ornery beefalo does 51 damage but so does a dark sword which wes has 33 extra uses with compared to regular characters. Hence wes is more efficient using dark swords for trash mobs. In the late game wes gets even better with the brightshade sword having an extra 66 uses plus his 0.75x damage doesnt effect the brightshade sword as badly.

This is... Game. About you know... playing. Having fun. Not math

3 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

This is... Game. About you know... playing. Having fun. Not math

Yeah thats 100% true but beefalos are fun as is and have alot going for them atm without needing to give them more. I want more goofy body armours/clothes or weapons not goofy beefalo forms. Beefalos feel very complete right now.

Or new completely new wacky mounts like spider queen for webber would be fun.

An to bring it back to Wes, Lardee on youtube hails beefalos as these op combat weapons when by the numbers and the facts wes is better fighting on foot. His guide for wes completely wastes wes' one and only really good non-meme upside that is his speedy balloon by taming a beefalo too early. 

So maybe give beefalo more utility? The simplest I can think is summer/winter insulation. Lunar beef can cool you down, work as a fridge, maybe change attack to range, leave slow down trail, maybe add stomping attack, water walking or literally flying. Possibilities are endless 

10 hours ago, Gashzer said:

I have a NEED to play as Wes all of a sudden.

Archived