Oasis wildfire protection is incompatible with the Ice Crystaleyezer

The ice crystaleyezer is currently in a bad spot for wildfire protection given its interaction with the oasis sandstorm. The sandstorm protects everything loaded as long as the player is in the sandstorm, but the ice crystaleyezer protects specific objects from smoldering as long as they are inside its area of effect. This means that if you want to put ice crystaleyezers outside of your oasis to be able to leave during the summer, you actually need to cover whatever the unload range is _inside_ the oasis as well or else your oasis base is at risk of smoldering.

This picture shows the problem. If I place an ice crystaleyezer in this general area, my oasis area is at risk of burning as soon as I leave.

The oasis sandstorm should either always protect everything in the oasis regarding the player's position, or the ice crystaleyezer should control smoldering based on whether the player is in its bubble.

image.thumb.jpeg.93ba758816355ba5287ae93fd7ed1868.jpeg

Maybe In code, Eye-zer should create 8 invisible entities at the edge of their range as markers that actively stop smoldering. That way, those entities can still stop wildfire when the Eye-zer is unloaded.

I think they should do the same thing to ice-flingomatic.

Archived