Beta Branch - Better Ice Crystaleyezer

I liked the concept of the Ice Crystaleyezer to sets the world temperature to -10 and preventing withering and wildfires in the area. And the structure could be used in combination with the Scorching Sunfish to minimize the detrimental effects of his freezing capacities.

Here is my suggestion on ways that the structure could improve.

I would like to see the Crystaleyezer to create a contented winter aura that would turn green the leaves of Birchnut Trees, replenish the stages of any Mini Glaciers in the area, change Redbirds into Snowbirds, enabling the Ice Bream to spawn if the area of the structure reaches the Swell Ocean biome and also forces the blooming state of the Blue Mushtree

There is one more suggestion involving the Walrus Camp. I would buy 100% of the Ice Crystaleyezer if the structure would preventing the empty and inactive state of the Walrus Camp after the end of winter making the Walrus always available to kill every 2.5-3 days.

A small fix for the deerclops eyeball in attach files by @fliphe from the Brazilian dst discord.

A big thanks to @atobaazul also from the same dst discord and some of his suggestions above. 

I'm myself a Brazilian and i have difficulty to express some sentences in english.

Fliphe.gif

2 hours ago, DamnUniverse said:

There is one more suggestion involving the Walrus Camp. I would buy 100% of the Ice Crystaleyezer if the structure would preventing the empty and inactive state of the Walrus Camp after the end of winter making the Walrus always available to kill every 2.5-3 days.

This is a genius idea. I would 100% make this item compared to it's (imo) currently very niche applications.

33 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

This is a genius idea. I would 100% make this item compared to it's (imo) currently very niche applications.

How useful is it though? The Crystalleyzer is such a late game item and one of it's main drawing points being year round access to mactusk is not that incentivizing imo. Canes are infinite durability and the odds of you not getting one before killing CC are very low, and the Tam by this point in the game is almost completely outclassed by the Enlightened Crown (the only positive the Tam has being 120 winter insulation). 

If you play Wanda then sure, more access to tusks is nice, but even she has a point where tusks become next to worthless. Eventually you will have a teleport to every important area, and then what?

I think they should add everything of the winter mechanics that has to do with temperature. But creatures shouldn't be affected, as they come because it is winter. They are just not around, so they can't see there is this small cold area. They are somewhere far away where it is cold.

55 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

How useful is it though? The Crystalleyzer is such a late game item and one of it's main drawing points being year round access to mactusk is not that incentivizing imo.

I currently have a megabase world that unfortunately has only 1 MacTusk Camp in the world.

I kept the world for various reasons, but when I started playing Wanda and need to farm tons of tusks, it was a very tedious and miserable process that took way more time than I thought I would.

If this feature was a thing, this would make 1 MacTusk worlds so much more enjoyable, both for solo worlds AND for multiplayer worlds that don't want to change the MacTusk settings.

If I started a new world, I would only be further enticed to start Lunar Rifts as soon as I can just so I can get ahead of the curve on farming Tusks.

15 hours ago, DamnUniverse said:

I strongly support this suggestion.

Such a great idea, it is.

Archived