Cool idea for ice crystaliser

1 minute ago, Hornete said:

It already does this! :)

It does?

Why are people saying this thing is bad!? Not saying it could use more, but applying that reduction to all your fridges and stuff looks worthwhile for the bonus summer free zone. Maybe throwing water balloons on it and watering it spawns ice? 

2 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Why are people saying this thing is bad!?

While I love it conceptually it is important to take note that this is the only one of the three spark ark items to come with an explicit downside, it effectively turns the area around it into a winter simulator and you must combat it with winter items while inside.

Taking that into consideration, I think the radius is actually really small because you'll need to constantly switch between summer and winter gear when going out and in of the barely-screen wide radius. Like @splorange mentioned in her post, the radius could really be cranked up by a good amount, to minimize that constant switching of winter and summer gear.

And it could stand to become a true winter simulator, allowing many other effects from Winter to take place in other seasons under the influence of this item.

19 minutes ago, Hornete said:

While I love it conceptually it is important to take note that this is the only one of the three spark ark items to come with an explicit downside, it effectively turns the area around it into a winter simulator and you must combat it with winter items while inside.

Taking that into consideration, I think the radius is actually really small because you'll need to constantly switch between summer and winter gear when going out and in of the barely-screen wide radius. Like @splorange mentioned in her post, the radius could really be cranked up by a good amount, to minimize that constant switching of winter and summer gear.

And it could stand to become a true winter simulator, allowing many other effects from Winter to take place in other seasons under the influence of this item.

This thing makes me want Klei to add a very hot magmatic biome out at sea (a very large main land sized island full of resources and stuff)

The concept is simple: Counter the extremely hot above summer always boiling temperatures, with this thing to turn the area from inhabitable, to neutral autumn-like weather.

Or.. imagine an island with infinity lightning strikes that you’d need to periodically build lightning rods as you progress about and cover the island, neutralizing the environmental hazard.

This item has that kind of potential.. and I’d like to see it being used for it.

3 minutes ago, _zwb said:

You can't though? It sets your temperature to a certain value, it's not working the same way as polar star

It sets the world temperature to an absolute value(-10) within that area, and just like your player character slowly reaches the world temperature, it will do the same within the area of the Crystaleyezer(going towards the value of -10 temperature)

Since it is under 0 degrees(the temperature at which you start freezing), winter insulation takes effect, and thermal stone will function too(mostly, there is a wacky little bug with them currently).

16 minutes ago, Hornete said:

It sets the world temperature to an absolute value(-10) within that area, and just like your player character slowly reaches the world temperature, it will do the same within the area of the Crystaleyezer(going towards the value of -10 temperature)

You mean the temperatureoverrider component? Then yeah clothes still work with that.

I was talking about the centre ice circle, clothes aren't effective inside that circle.

1 minute ago, _zwb said:

You mean the temperatureoverrider component? Then yeah clothes still work.

I was talking about the centre ice circle, clothes aren't effective inside that circle.

Of course, but no ones staying in that thing XD, I mostly refer to the generally more prominent mechanic that takes up a lot more radius and will be the thing most people interact with, the localized world temperature!

1 minute ago, Fufuji said:

image.png.b32109f6b2fe2767c76a5e7c6ccb7827.png

Does anyone know what this means?

Thank you! 

Moisture in farms dissipate over time if the world is above 0 degrees. The Crystaleyezer sets the local area's world temperature to -10 degrees. The local temperature change wasn't preventing evaporation before, so they fixed it.

8 minutes ago, ButterStuffed said:

Moisture in farms dissipate over time if the world is above 0 degrees. The Crystaleyezer sets the local area's world temperature to -10 degrees. The local temperature change wasn't preventing evaporation before, so they fixed it.

Thank you!

Archived