When Brightshades Get Nerfed?

Fufuji

According to Terror Below Rhymes with Play streaming there will be more lunar mobs to replace some of the current BS waves. The BS come too frequently because they make up for the lack of lunar mobs. I have been waiting for months for a BE nerf on its spawning pattern and this beta seems have nothing to do with it. New mobs doesn't share waves with BS. Do I have to wait for another few months, or new mobs' spawning patterns will be changed later this beta? 

2 minutes ago, Fufuji said:

According to Terror Below Rhymes with Play streaming there will be more lunar mobs to replace some of the current BS waves. The BS come too frequently because they make up for the lack of lunar mobs. I have been waiting for months for a BE nerf on its spawning pattern and this beta seems have nothing to do with it. New mobs doesn't share waves with BS. Do I have to wait for another few months, or new mobs' spawning patterns will be changed later this beta? 

when more stuff comes from the rift probably

8 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Feel like the main issue is in larger servers it'll make getting brightshade gear a lot harder if they become more scarce this is a even bigger problem for people looking to make other brightshade crafts like bombs and staffs so I really hope the spawn rate doesn't go down...

I've been asking to scale Brightshade density based on the number of players on the servers. 3 brightshades in 2*2 tile is too much for one player.

31 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

You call the set bad for late game due to a 3 damage difference?

The head gear even when fully charged makes you do less damage than using a much easier to obtain and repair brightshade helmet with a brightshade sword. You need a 30 seconds charge up too.

Using a darksword with a fully charged headgear against a planar enemy only does 50 damage, and with the sword 66 damage, which is a little less than the brightshade helm which does not need the 30 seconds charge up.

No point in wearing it for a 30 seconds charge up to deal 3 less damage than the brightshade helm does unconditionally. Unless you are specifically Wanda who does not have a planar weapon yet, the head piece is irrelevant against all planar enemies despite featuring planar defence.

15 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

The head gear even when fully charged makes you do less damage than using a much easier to obtain and repair brightshade helmet with a brightshade sword. You need a 30 seconds charge up too.

Using a darksword with a fully charged headgear against a planar enemy only does 50 damage, and with the sword 66 damage, which is a little less than the brightshade helm which does not need the 30 seconds charge up.

No point in wearing it for a 30 seconds charge up to deal 3 less damage than the brightshade helm does unconditionally. Unless you are specifically Wanda who does not have a planar weapon yet, the head piece is irrelevant against all planar enemies despite featuring planar defence.

:Shrug: i guess i just have to enjoy my armor that gives me speed boost and can be made anywhere. 

18 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

I've been asking to scale Brightshade density based on the number of players on the servers. 3 brightshades in 2*2 tile is too much for one player.

Good one. This could be an approach to make BS less annoying while not reducing too much husks. 

Making them a little far from each other may work too.

24 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

The new helm if used against non-planar mobs, its bonus is almost the same with BS helm when equipped by Wilson, but will make significant difference when equipped by Wanda/Wolfgang. I'm not sure if WARBIS helm is part of character rebalance, but now it definitely enlarges Wanda/Wolf's advantages of combat over characters like Wilson.

2 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

They can't need their spawn because players need a lot of husks to deal with new threats.

Yeah the problem with brightshades is that if their waves are reduced then the materials are going to just be not enough and they will still be overwhelming.

28 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I've not used the armor due to the fact the update is not out yet and I didn't check out the beta much besides a few things, so I am not sure about this when I say it but you can probably mix the bright helm and the warbis armor? The bright helm is the one hoarding all the bright bonuses and the warbis chest piece is the one with the speed boost I believe, unless you need both warbis pieces for it to work, alternatively you can just use a mag.

3 minutes ago, CuteC said:

Yeah so unless you need both for it to work, it sounds like klei finally made body armor worth using.

You don't need one another, the body armour is good but the head armour with all the cool visuals to it doesn't do anything to help it.

40 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

:Shrug: i guess i just have to enjoy my armor that gives me speed boost and can be made anywhere. 

The headgear only gives damage, and the body armour does not need the headgear to operate. They are both fully seperate. Being made anywyere doesn't mean anything since repair kits.

My only problem with Brightshades is that after killing then they respawn in the SAME EXACT SPOT too often.

I eventually got to a point where I just let them over run my world and only fought them when I actually wanted husks for crafts.. other than that I let them invade and destroy whatever they wanted.

Even had them spawn in the pig village or Beefalo Savannah and wipe those mobs into extinction.

Sure you CAN fight and kill the Brightshades, but they’ll just respawn again right where you killed them.

They need a cooldown timer, or maybe to float away and infest a new area.. 

As they stand right now though, it’s best to ignore their existence unless you actively want their crafts.

Also Brightshades spawning on Pearls Island is BS!!! 

Klei added an option to the game to activate lunar rifts ahead of fighting CC, it’s nice to be given this option.. but if you opt to actually use it, and then later want to go do pearls stupid friendship reputation quests.. the moment you place the berry bushes onto her island is the moment it gets OVERRUN by Brightshades.

I can not tell you how much “fun” I had removing them from her tiny little island so I could complete her friendship is magic quests.

Brightshades also have a pretty flawed design, as in… they target resources the player has picked up and moved from their natural spawning location.

so like for example: if a Meteor Shower, Bearger or Lunar Rift comes through an area and uproots grass & saplings- When you Replant them into the ground.. Brightshades now have “Permission” to spawn on them.

It’s like opening your door to let a vampire into your house and telling them it’s okay to come in.

DONT DO IT..

4 hours ago, Fufuji said:

Technically it reduces the spawn rate of deadly shades a tiny bit. Each gestalt spawns a group of funny plants, but now SOME of the gestalts will prioritize the corpses. At this moment its 3 corpses where they can go, but considering this image it could also be the case they add the rest maaaaaaybe in this update during patches? Like koalefant, moslings, and gekkos.

And sure, it would have been better if they added an "individual" mob that spawns just like the funny plants rather than having the requisite of a corpse, so their spawn would have been cut by let's say 50%, rather than what I would say is "less deadly shades but only if theres a corpse in the map."

image.thumb.png.809d6d3c4623a14a25e4f155be3ac2e9.png

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

My only problem with Brightshades is that after killing then they respawn in the SAME EXACT SPOT too often.

I eventually got to a point where I just let them over run my world and only fought them when I actually wanted husks for crafts.. other than that I let them invade and destroy whatever they wanted.

Even had them spawn in the pig village or Beefalo Savannah and wipe those mobs into extinction.

Sure you CAN fight and kill the Brightshades, but they’ll just respawn again right where you killed them.

They need a cooldown timer, or maybe to float away and infest a new area.. 

As they stand right now though, it’s best to ignore their existence unless you actively want their crafts.

Also Brightshades spawning on Pearls Island is BS!!! 

Klei added an option to the game to activate lunar rifts ahead of fighting CC, it’s nice to be given this option.. but if you opt to actually use it, and then later want to go do pearls stupid friendship reputation quests.. the moment you place the berry bushes onto her island is the moment it gets OVERRUN by Brightshades.

I can not tell you how much “fun” I had removing them from her tiny little island so I could complete her friendship is magic quests.

Brightshades also have a pretty flawed design, as in… they target resources the player has picked up and moved from their natural spawning location.

so like for example: if a Meteor Shower, Bearger or Lunar Rift comes through an area and uproots grass & saplings- When you Replant them into the ground.. Brightshades now have “Permission” to spawn on them.

It’s like opening your door to let a vampire into your house and telling them it’s okay to come in.

DONT DO IT..

You do know you can make baits for safe zones, right? Like, you don't need to constantly fight them. You just make 1 bait zone in your base and you can put as much plants as you want in there that there won't be another "funny plant" spawning in that area. I mean hell, you could even decorate the "bait area" and it looks kind of funny with the deadly shade in there lmao.

And seriously my man, in each comment or post I saw you, you are just trashing on Klei for X or Y. You are either burned out of the game, or simply trolling and criticizing the content without even searching for information about it or even testing the limits.

The entire game is based around "with this knowledge I can now counter or even benefit from X annoying thing". Well, im telling you, look for bait zones on Youtube or If you want I can even explain it to you, and shades are problem solved. You will no longer have to worry about funny plants in your base and you can just simply ignore the funny plants spawning everywhere else, or farm them if you want husks.

40 minutes ago, kroban said:

You do know you can make baits for safe zones, right? Like, you don't need to constantly fight them. You just make 1 bait zone in your base and you can put as much plants as you want in there that there won't be another "funny plant" spawning in that area. I mean hell, you could even decorate the "bait area" and it looks kind of funny with the deadly shade in there lmao.

And seriously my man, in each comment or post I saw you, you are just trashing on Klei for X or Y. You are either burned out of the game, or simply trolling and criticizing the content without even searching for information about it or even testing the limits.

The entire game is based around "with this knowledge I can now counter or even benefit from X annoying thing". Well, im telling you, look for bait zones on Youtube or If you want I can even explain it to you, and shades are problem solved. You will no longer have to worry about funny plants in your base and you can just simply ignore the funny plants spawning everywhere else, or farm them if you want husks.

To be honest, I don't consider a method that can ONLY be learned by watching some videos and copying their designs, is a legal method and can be seen as part of Klei's original design. Unfortunately many of the challenges in this game can never be conquered solely by oneself, that's why Klei is now working on Scrapbook. 

Seriously, you can't blame someone for they not using some certain approach, maybe they consider that as "cheese". This BS problem must be solved by Klei themselves. Lava pool baits and bait zones cannot be known and utilized by every player, and having to solve BS problem by using something like "cheese" is a shame of DST.

There's sure to be more problems to solve, this one is what I think is more urgent. We can exchange our ideas with peace and love, freely in this Beta branch of forum.

1 hour ago, kroban said:

I could set up some bait areas to keep them out my base, sure.. I guess, but, that doesn’t stop Brightshades from spawning in the pig king village or in the Beefalo Savannah to extinct the Beefalo.

Or on Pearls tiny Island with no legit room to move around or combat against them.

44 minutes ago, Fufuji said:

To be honest, I don't consider a method that can ONLY be learned by watching some videos and copying their designs, is a legal method and can be seen as part of Klei's original design. Unfortunately many of the challenges in this game can never be conquered solely by oneself, that's why Klei is now working on Scrapbook. 

Seriously, you can't blame someone for they not using some certain approach, maybe they consider that as "cheese". This BS problem must be solved by Klei themselves. Lava pool baits and bait zones cannot be known and utilized by every player, and having to solve BS problem by using something like "cheese" is a shame of DST.

There's sure to be more problems to solve, this one is what I think is more urgent. We can exchange our ideas with peace and love, freely in this Beta branch of forum.

What do you mean by "cheese"? The baits? The "safe zone" mechanic was original design, if it were the case that the bait mechanic is "cheesing the deadly plants" Devs would have solved that long ago because of how effective it is at defeating the shades from "growing in your yard", its a "hardmode mob" they want it to be hard. But there's a reason why they didn't and why every single shade has an area where it doesn't allow others to grow. They wanted players to find out that mechanic.

Im sorry but, saying that the bait mechanic is "cheese" would be like saying that lighting rod is "cheesing" because Klei doesn't lower the chance of lightining, or that pillars are also "cheese" because you should just let your base be filled with moles and boulders lmao.

Or you are saying that watching videos is "Ilegal and cheese"? Bruh every single game these days depends on tutorials and gameplays, DST isn't the exception if you want complex farms for example. And like yeah, it used to be the case during the really early Dont Starve where you wouldnt get info from anywhere other than learning it yourself via test and error. But that was in SP, it stopped being the norm long time ago, specially in DST where a newbie learns everything new (specially the questlines) either from the vet players in the servers or via tutorials on Youtube.

That, yes, is mostly the reason why scrapbook became a thing. But of course im going to blame it on a vet player like Mike23Ua if they just trash on every *-cking single content update before even looking on how X new mechanic works, or how you can overcome it by learning from someone else's knowledge, which has been a huge part of this game since the beggining.

23 minutes ago, kroban said:

What do you mean by "cheese"? The baits? The "safe zone" mechanic was original design, if it were the case that the bait mechanic is "cheesing the deadly plants" Devs would have solved that long ago because of how effective it is at defeating the shades from "growing in your yard", its a "hardmode mob" they want it to be hard. But there's a reason why they didn't and why every single shade has an area where it doesn't allow others to grow. They wanted players to find out that mechanic.

Im sorry but, saying that the bait mechanic is "cheese" would be like saying that lighting rod is "cheesing" because Klei doesn't lower the chance of lightining, or that pillars are also "cheese" because you should just let your base be filled with moles and boulders lmao.

Or you are saying that watching videos is "Ilegal and cheese"? Bruh every single game these days depends on tutorials and gameplays, DST isn't the exception if you want complex farms for example. And like yeah, it used to be the case during the really early Dont Starve where you wouldnt get info from anywhere other than learning it yourself via test and error. But that was in SP, it stopped being the norm long time ago, specially in DST where a newbie learns everything new (specially the questlines) either from the vet players in the servers or via tutorials on Youtube.

That, yes, is mostly the reason why scrapbook became a thing. But of course im going to blame it on a vet player like Mike23Ua if they just trash on every *-cking single content update before even looking on how X new mechanic works, or how you can overcome it by learning from someone else's knowledge, which has been a huge part of this game since the beggining.

While there's no evidence can be found from codes and rwp streaming that baiting BS is a cheese or not, I believe that the devs didn't change BS spawning patterns too much is because their waves actually occupie future new mobs' (as is shown in Terrors Below rwp), and if nerfed when new mobs come there will possibly be more trouble in the community. 

For the third para, yes this "little to no in-game guides" designs may be popular around 2013, but no longer now. New players need guides to lead them to fun. I don't think the ONLY approach (BS baits) cannot be discovered in-game by players themselves is a nice gameplay experience and design nowadays.

12 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

Potential use for the new Deerclops craft: block brightshades taking over plants due to cold temperatures. 

It's like area around it remains constant winter. I have a terrible idea: within its range, only winter crops can grow without getting pressure.:devilish:

Archived