When Brightshades Get Nerfed?

Fufuji

1 hour ago, Fufuji said:

To be honest, I don't consider a method that can ONLY be learned by watching some videos and copying their designs, is a legal method and can be seen as part of Klei's original design. Unfortunately many of the challenges in this game can never be conquered solely by oneself, that's why Klei is now working on Scrapbook. 

Seriously, you can't blame someone for they not using some certain approach, maybe they consider that as "cheese". This BS problem must be solved by Klei themselves. Lava pool baits and bait zones cannot be known and utilized by every player, and having to solve BS problem by using something like "cheese" is a shame of DST.

I agree with the fact that cheesing the game could be boring and "shamefull", for some people, especially when you didn't find it yourself, but the BS problem has a very straightforward solution in my opinion: the BS staff. you will have to deal with the first ones in the hard way (ranged weapon or just taking your time) but whenever you craft yourself a BS helm and Brightshade Staff, you can just lure the vines of an individual plant, kill it in order to neutralize it and then use your staff out of the range of the 2 other plants. Usually, with a staff at 100% I can either kill 1 or 2 of them, and the one(s) that are still alive should be low enough to be killed with a normal weapon.

Furthermore, now that we can use repair kit, after the first time you can use this strategy for only 1 Husk and one Pure Brillance to kill 3 Deadly Brightshade. At this point my problem with the BS is more "what can I do with the 1xx husk that I have?" than to take care of them

2 hours ago, kroban said:

You do know you can make baits for safe zones, right?

Ps: I didn't know about the safe zone. Seems great

5 hours ago, Fufuji said:

To be honest, I don't consider a method that can ONLY be learned by watching some videos and copying their designs, is a legal method and can be seen as part of Klei's original design.

Not allowing extra spawns close to existing spawns is something that can be learned through trial and error by simply going overboard with farm crops/transplants and seeing that you can safely pick ones out of their range if you happened to have ignored them. You might not be able to get the exact radius, but the game makes communicating and learning from other players through chat a thing so I would say it's fair game.

Archived