[Suggestion] Pond freezing and heating with structures

Just a quick suggestion but I think it would be neat if the scaled furnace would permanently keep ponds within it's heating radius unfrozen and the new deerclops thing to keep them frozen within its radius as a way to have permeant access/denial of the ponds spawns and water. 

32 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

I would rather they replace ponds with freshwater tiles tbh, ponds feel kind dated what with them always having the same shape and requiring a different type of fishing rod.

but we would still need a freshwater fishing rod for the oasis

42 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

I would rather they replace ponds with freshwater tiles tbh, ponds feel kind dated what with them always having the same shape and requiring a different type of fishing rod.

I hope not! Tiles are nice but I think they end up being really restrictive in design, what with them being mostly squarish all the time. Things like the oasis pond, eel ponds and fish ponds being unique shapes make them stand out nicely in a world where most of our ground decor is unfortunately very square looking (I'm dying for more buildable carpets Klei!)

I agree on you with the constant same shape looking a bit ugly though. Even just a random rotation applied to each pond when spawned would serve to make them a little more unique.

2 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

Klei would have to update the world generation for that change, which would be nice but I don't see it coming in the next couple of betas.

6 hours ago, Hornete said:

I hope not! Tiles are nice but I think they end up being really restrictive in design, what with them being mostly squarish all the time. Things like the oasis pond, eel ponds and fish ponds being unique shapes make them stand out nicely in a world where most of our ground decor is unfortunately very square looking (I'm dying for more buildable carpets Klei!)

I agree on you with the constant same shape looking a bit ugly though. Even just a random rotation applied to each pond when spawned would serve to make them a little more unique.

My thought was perhaps they could be similar to hamlet ponds, with them being a wee bit bigger. Hell, maybe their "turf priority" could be different to ocean tiles, making them generally more round. It'd be nice to be able to place piers on ponds, as well as see the frogs and fish actually swimming in the water. Plus it'd give Klei a reason to finally let merms swim :???:

Archived