Cannot find Nosh Sprouts anywhere

I'm doing an achievement run, and need the GMO-OK one. Never gotten that one before this run either. I'm so close, I've done all the plants except Nosh Sprout, but can't find any on any of the asteroids.

Is it possible that the world spawned without any Nosh Sprouts at all?

It's always been the case that some seeds have been absent from some worlds.

There is a way to cheat them into existence, certain mods allow changing what can be printed. Also it's possible to print a care package then immediately save and quit, then edit the save file and change the contents of the care package. If you want to do this, here is how.

With the game paused, print a care package item (not dupe) and save the game with a new name. Go to Duplicity website, load the save, click through the "this could destroy your save" disclaimer - it should be fine. Go to "Raw Editor" -> "Game Objects", at or near the bottom of this very long list should be "CarePackage", navigate as follows:

CarePackage / gameObjects / 0 / behaviors / CarePackage / templateData / info

Suppose you printed "SandStone", it would say id: "SandStone", quantity: "1000". Change this to id: "BeanPlantSeed", quantity: "3" (or whatever).

Now save the game in Duplicity, grab it from the download folder and copy it to the save folder and give it a new name. Load the edited file and unpause and the care package should spit out Nosh Sprouts.

You can also use Sandbox to inject the Nosh Sprouts into the simulation, then use Duplicity to remove record of Sandbox having been enabled.

On 9/21/2023 at 10:44 AM, voidfoo said:

Thanks guys. Maybe they did rot or might never have been there. I'll try out blakemw's suggestions to fix this.

Place a few on pedestal for a seed bank. Make sure you always have a spare.

Also place one to check if there is one on the world. Maybe just stored away.

On 9/22/2023 at 12:05 AM, cyberwarlord said:

Place a few on pedestal for a seed bank. Make sure you always have a spare.

Good idea. So far I have planted them, but that requires walls around so they do not get supplied with consumables. 

For future googlers, turns out there were Nosh seeds availible, I just needed to dig around my Rust biomes. I did not realize seeds could be buried in blocks, I was only looking with the farming overlay (credit to Echo Ridge Gaming's channel on youtube).

I had already fixed it beforehand using blakemw's nice Duplicity instructions though, so same outcome eitherway.

Edit: I misunderstood SGT_Imalas's post, thought he meant dig up the plants, doh

Archived