Enable permission for external storage???

Hey guys, i dowloaded dontstarve on my tab s8+ yesterday. Now when i open the game then i get a error window. Anything with external storage... i dont know!?!? My tablet has 256 gb storage so i dont need a external storage. The same error window comes on my smartphone. In the permission section on my tablet, so i can enable the game permissions. But there arent any permissions!! For example clash of clans has on the same tablet kamera and also storage permissions. So this isnt a bug on my tablet. All apps functionaly correct only dontstarve makes problems.

Please please help me...

20230902_002706.jpg

20230902_002723.jpg

Same problem on samsung s23 ultra, android 13, One UI 5.1

ShipWrecked version has the same problem... and I was hoping to get the base version, but I need to wait for the fix it seems...

Is there a date for this fix update to come out?

While essentially a practical fix needs to be had, I have found a temporary solution that works.

Using the ADB console (plenty of support articles out there for this), you can grant the permission.

The command you will use is as follows:

pm grant com.kleientertainment.doNotStarvePocket android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

For reference I am on a Samsung S23 Ultra

Happy Gaming!

Following up here. 
Fix is being submitted to Google for approval and will be released shortly. 

This issue came about because of a Google update to permissions in the new SDK. This requires that the issue was tracked down, reproduced and fixed as well as tested to ensure that it was safe to roll out to everybody. When it comes to issues like this we can't rush out fixes or we may run into much larger issues that we cannot fix. 

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. We should have you fixed up soon. 

11 hours ago, JoeW said:

Following up here. 
Fix is being submitted to Google for approval and will be released shortly. 

This issue came about because of a Google update to permissions in the new SDK. This requires that the issue was tracked down, reproduced and fixed as well as tested to ensure that it was safe to roll out to everybody. When it comes to issues like this we can't rush out fixes or we may run into much larger issues that we cannot fix. 

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. We should have you fixed up soon. 

The update is up on Google play and the problem is fixed.

Thank you for dealing with the issue as promptly as you could!

Archived