Consequences of uninstalling mods

Depends on the mod.

If mod just changes logic of existing buildings, that change will no longer be applied and your save will be good to go.

If mod adds buildings, they will disappear from your save - that may bring some chaos if suddenly airlock doors to the steam room vanishes, but the save will be good to load.

There are a few mods that bring addition that cannot be reverted. "Rest for the Weary" is the only one that I recall. Such mods are rare, but they can corrupt your save if they are missing. They also have probably some kind of warning on the steam page.

Edit: sorry, I didn't notice you ask exactly about new machines mods. Yeah, those should be safe to add and remove from your save, but the buildings will disappear if you unsinstall the mod and some builds may stop working (until you fix missing building with other components)

On 7/26/2023 at 5:48 AM, pether said:

Depends on the mod.

If mod just changes logic of existing buildings, that change will no longer be applied and your save will be good to go.

If mod adds buildings, they will disappear from your save - that may bring some chaos if suddenly airlock doors to the steam room vanishes, but the save will be good to load.

There are a few mods that bring addition that cannot be reverted. "Rest for the Weary" is the only one that I recall. Such mods are rare, but they can corrupt your save if they are missing. They also have probably some kind of warning on the steam page.

Edit: sorry, I didn't notice you ask exactly about new machines mods. Yeah, those should be safe to add and remove from your save, but the buildings will disappear if you unsinstall the mod and some builds may stop working (until you fix missing building with other components)

That answers one of my questions as well though so I appreciate the extra info there. 

One thing you may want to consider is: If you added machines that are dupe operated, make sure there are no tasks planned on that machine(s), before you remove the mod. The game should handle this, but we all know something can go wrong every time. Worst case would be a broken save game with a dupe insisting to do a job on something no longer present...

2 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

One thing you may want to consider is: If you added machines that are dupe operated, make sure there are no tasks planned on that machine(s), before you remove the mod. The game should handle this, but we all know something can go wrong every time. Worst case would be a broken save game with a dupe insisting to do a job on something no longer present...

delusion.
the job is created by the building. no building - no job.
look.
here duplicants and pips work.
save, turn off mods, restart the game, load
everything is fine

Spoiler

457140_20231018165104_1.thumb.png.427a9ea99a66cacd34c631a585439387.png

457140_20231018165728_1.thumb.png.680a75a9794e6fcfd3fc3cf03e893e75.png

457140_20231018165818_1.thumb.png.b45f56c042f9511916f65667f65da83d.png

Archived